Stab In The Dark: This Monday 3/9 - Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's on. Randy (ranworth) and I will be meeting at 9:00am at the Breakwater. If any of you decide to play hookie at the last minute, you know where to find us.

(((Kevin)))

Kevin - might I make a suggestion? Point Lobos State Reserve - Dive Calendar

Monday's not full, roll up to the gate and you should be able to get in with no problem :)

Thanks Kenn - I'm actually dying to dive Lobos (Monastery too), but I haven't been yet and my buddy has only been to MacAbee and Breakwater. I guess I would feel more comfortable navigation wise sticking to one of the sites I'm more familiar with unless we get some veterans to join us - What are you doing Monday?

What are you doing Monday?

Working :depressed:

Ah, didn't know you haven't been to Lobos yet. It's really worth it though, be persistent about getting someone to show you around! Even if it means getting a DM from one local shops to do a guided tour.

The navigation is easy peasy when you're starting there. Just drop in the middle of the cove - north takes you out and deeper, south takes you back. There are a lot of different sites and small details to see there too. It's pretty unique in that it's got both phenomenally accessible easy sites as well as intermediate and advanced sites, all within a stone's throw of each other (everyone enters at the ramp after all) but you're not likely to stumble into an area you shouldn't be in--there are no 500ft undersea trenches lurking about.

Wish I could join you guys on Monday, but have a great dive! It's always nicer without a gaggle of classes all over :)

It's always nicer without a gaggle of classes all over :)

Thanks Kenn,

Whalers Cove does look pretty easy to navigate, I'm sure I'll get there soon. The beauty of weekday diving really has been the lack of crowds. I just hope the gaggles of classes are producing a few more buddies with weekdays off.

((Kevin))

Hi Kevin, You will love Lobos and your right about diving on weekdays. You have the place to yourself. Just so you know though, this dive is as easy as the Breakwater but lots more to see.

Hi Kevin, You will love Lobos and your right about diving on weekdays. You have the place to yourself. Just so you know though, this dive is as easy as the Breakwater but lots more to see.

Thanks Mike, we haven't decided where we will dive yet. If you are diving on Monday feel free to join us.

((kevin))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom