St. Thomas / St. John Dive Shops Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new crew at Red Hook will do a great job for you on the East End. 1st class boats.

Dive In has two of the best instructors I know working for them, and do small boats to excellent divesites.

I occasionally teach at St. Thomas Diving Club, so I think they are the very best near town on the Southside.

It all depends on where you are staying...there are quality shops all around the island

If any of you USVI-types know of any dive ops/businesses looking for a partner or to sell, please PM me. We'd be interested.

Thanks!!

I don't know the STT dive ops, but on STJ: Low Key Watersports is just a few yards from the Cruz Bay Ferry Dock, and 6paq scuba picks up at the National Park Dock, just a few more steps away, in the other direction. I've been out with the Low Key crew many times; they are really great fun and safe. See ya down here soon!
D

Hammerhead, I'm not sure what your statement is referring to. We've been just as busy as years past. Divers are still traveling and diving and our boat has been going out both morning and afternoon now for about a month straight. We're even looking into buying another boat to pick up the slack.

stdc-doug , thank you for your input. We are staying at sapphire and was wondering if we should use dive-in. Sounds like they will be fine. Do you know if in st.john we should use the dive shop at maho bay camps or should we go elsewhere. Thank you.

According to my phone call today - the dive shop at Maho only goes out MWF to the closer dive spots (usually Whistling Cay, Johnson's Reef and Annaberg)

According to my phone call today - the dive shop at Maho only goes out MWF to the closer dive spots (usually Whistling Cay, Johnson's Reef and Annaberg)

That is my biggest gripe with dive shops in St Thomas. When I call and ask about diving particular sites, I hear an awful lot of "We don't do that site - it's too far away." 'Far' is obviously relative in the context of a place as small as the USVI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom