St. Thomas / St. John Dive Shops Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you!!

As far as Blue Island Divers is concerned, it has been sold and is under new ownership and new management. I haven't heard anything one way or the other as far as how they are operating now, in fact the only thing I've heard about the new owners is that they're new to the industry. What that means I have no idea. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Rachel

I dived with Blue Island shortly after they changed ownership and was not impressed (as my review states). I had read such great things about them here on SB...however, I found out after my crap dive with them that the DMs who got such wonderful reviews left when the new ownership took over. That explained A LOT. I'm sure they used to be great, but since the new ownership took over I would really avoid this op.

Good news/Bad News...

It's been sold again. The new new ownership took over in December (November?) so it was after your dives.

Rachel

I give a big thumbs up to Coki Beach Dive Club. Give Pete a call and see what he can do for you. He's a great guy and you'll have fun with them.

We dived with St Thomas Diving Club out of Bolongo Bay in 2005 and enjoyed it. We also dived Nitrox with them.

I dont think I would let a year old post, by a self admitted inexperienced diver, who buys their life support systems over the internet be a determining factor on who I say NOT to dive with.
ZOMG! Oh noooozzzzze!!! They bought their life support systems FROM TEH INTARWEBZ!!??!!?? OMGWTFBBQ!!!!1!!11 :rofl3:

ZOMG! Oh noooozzzzze!!! They bought their life support systems FROM TEH INTARWEBZ!!??!!?? OMGWTFBBQ!!!!1!!11 :rofl3:

I did think the same, but I have a policy of (trying not to) reply to trolls. :wink:

I did think the same, but I have a policy of (trying not to) reply to trolls. :wink:

That and the fact that a computer isn't really a "life support system" to begin with... :shakehead:

Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning toward St Thomas Diving Club, Chris Sawyer, and Dive In. Anyone else have an opinion of Dive-In?

My wife and I just returned (1/10/09) from St. Thomas. We stayed at Sapphire Beach and dove three dives a day for eight days with the Red Hook Dive Center (formerly Chris Sawyer) in Red Hook. The management at RHDC is the core of the old dive shop and represents decades of diving experience in the St Thomas area.

They were just as great as we could have imagined. We can't wait to go back. I highly recommend them for referral checkout dives. They did a group of three while we were diving with them and had another group in the pipeline when we were leaving.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom