St. Thomas Shallow Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birchwood

New
Reaction score
I Will Be Visiting St. Thomas In The Spring Of 05. Looking For Suggested Shallow Dive Spots For A Junior Open Water Diver To Enjoy. 40 -45' Max
Thanks If You Can Help.

Welcome to SB, but this thread will be moved to the proper forum.

Hope you'll come back here to post an Introudction, so we can welcome you appropriately. Just clink the link below about "Welcome a new member," then [Post Thead] when you get to the Intros forum. :D

don :palmtree:

Good for you! Taking your kids diving is a great way to stay connected and do something together. And kudos for following the guidelines on depth for younger divers. I have a teen that is VERY comfortable under water, but I still don't take her deeper than 60' for the same reasons. I don't want to risk anything.

Try Blue Island Divers these guys are great and there are several dive spots that are in that range for you. You might want to try Coki Beach Dive Club which is a dive/snorkel location that has some good dives that are shallow.

Good luck!

Where are you going to be staying?? The Rennaissance hotel/resort has a dive op associated with it. Chris Sawyer..... and you will find his operation very well recommended here. Do a search and you will find his website...

By the way....his shop is a whole 5 minute walk from Coki shore dive.

If you get a chance.....take the ferry over to St. John and rent a car and drive around. it is beautiful.
rich.....pm me with any questions.

RICHinNC:
If you get a chance.....take the ferry over to St. John and rent a car and drive around. it is beautiful.
rich.....pm me with any questions.
I'd strongly suggest setting a day aside for St.John :palmtree: - most of it is national park and undeveloped. Neat ruins, lovely sites, really cool. Do not approach the donkeys. :11:

Rich, they still drive on the left there, don't they, with American cars. It's easier with British cars, but not so bad with American. Just drive along the left edge of the road. :crafty:

i think so don....but the roads are so narrow it really does not matter!!

Trunk Bay is a great place to go...they have a snorkel tour that is pretty good....cinnamon beach is good too....get a map...there are lots of beaches one can go visit.

And, there is a dive shop there....or used to be....as you come into town from the Westin resort.....the road curves very tight or turns to the right....there is a white church to the left....
come on down the main road about 100 or less meters and there is on the right a car rental place and a right turn that goes sharply up hill. At the top of the hill on the left is at least what used to be the one and only dive shop.

good luck

I second the recommendation of Chris Sawyer. Great op and there are a lot of nearby dive sites that are shallow and perfect for a junior diver. Just take the road to Red Hook on St. Thomas. If you stay in the area the ferry to St. John runs every hour out of Red Hook.

Thanks For The Suggestion Of Blue Island Dive In St. Thomas. Looks Like Just The Place I Was Looking For

I just got back from St. Thomas and dove with Blue Island. They picked us up & asked where & what we wanted to dive.The 2nd dive was Horseshoe Reef. Mostly 30-40ft deep with a slope that went deeper, but since we just left the WIC Concrete which lies in 100ft, Ian the Dive Master on The Barefoot Diver strongly suggested we stay somewhat shallow.They were very friendly & quick to set-up & switch gear for you.Would dive with them again.Nothing against Chris Sawyer as we picked them 1st,but Blue Island picked us up at Cruise ship dock.Made carrying gear easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom