St Moritz M1 illumination question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

devolution365

Contributor
Reaction score
I read all I could on dive watches, both here and by Googling and finally decided on a Ladies St. Moritz M1 because A.) it's relatively cheap and B.) ooh! pretty colors!

I almost bought one last night, but then I found a review on this watch from someone on here saying that it was difficult to read in the dark because there's no backlight -just tiny dashes where the numbers are. Upon further investigation there seem to be no ladies dive watches in my price range that have a backlight.

So I'm left with this decision: Get the one I want and hope it works in lo-vis. Get the "lime" St Moritz M1 -the whole face on that one is glow-in-the-dark and is supposed to stay "lit" for like 8 hours! Or go with something else 'cause I'm not crazy about wearing the whitish-green face day-to-day.

As for other watches: It looks like the Citizen Eco-Drive is both popular and has larger glow-in-the-dark dots on the face, but it's twice the price. The Invicta Jelly Diver looks similar, but is also more expensive and the markings on the bezel aren't as clear as I'd like.

Anyway, I guess I should get to my question 'cause the rest is really about my preferences: The St Moritz M1 seems to be popular enough... Anyone on here have it? If so, do you have any insight to how good/bad it looks in murky or dark waters? I do a lot of quarry diving and hope to do some night dives soon so readability is important. -But to contradict myself as immediately as possible: I'm very set on a woman's watch. I'm already tomboyish enough, I don't want a HUGE "Man-Watch" on my little wrist to prove it -plus, they usually don't fit.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

If you look here:

http://tictacarea.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_17/products_id/336

Swatch has an inexpensive watch with depthgauge you may consider. They even have a pink one. No self-respecting tomboy would EVER wear that thing! I don't have one myself. I have one of those Citizen Eco-Drives with depthgauge that are too big. I typically buy womens watches because I just don't have lumberjack wrists and men's watches look too big and bulky. I'm thinking of getting one of the Swatches to dive with so I don't take a chance losing my good watch.

Yeah, I've seen that one, but this will be my primary timepiece both day-to-day and under water. That thing is cute, but it's BIG and isn't nearly as easily read as a regular analog watch with an elapsed time bezel.

Now, if I had some extra money on hand I'd pick one of those things up too. I think they're pretty neat. I'd get the black one though. Pink is a little much for this tomboy :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom