St. Moritz M1 Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any experience with this watch? I'm just looking for a backup bottom timer for my computer that wears well when not in SCUBA duds. I currently have a basic Timex Ironman that I've taken to 104' without problems and its very easy to read but the buttons controling the chrono get accidentally depressed far too easily. It also looks kinda cheesy in my above water atire :wink: I'll probably ditch the rubber wristband for a black velcro band so I don't lose it as easily. It looks pretty snazzy for a price I won't have to dig too deeply for...

Nothing? I figured someone would have some experience with these things, they are advertised in quite a few of the magazines and quite a few shops push them.

Ah well... I guess I could be the guinney-pig.

i've never ever heard of it. is it for skiing?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Anyone have any experience with this watch? I'm just looking for a backup bottom timer for my computer that wears well when not in SCUBA duds. I currently have a basic Timex Ironman that I've taken to 104' without problems and its very easy to read but the buttons controling the chrono get accidentally depressed far too easily. It also looks kinda cheesy in my above water atire :wink: I'll probably ditch the rubber wristband for a black velcro band so I don't lose it as easily. It looks pretty snazzy for a price I won't have to dig too deeply for...

Just bought a Timex Helix Depth Meter Watch to use as a backup. It has Temp, Current and Max Depth, Dive Time and Handles Surface intervals as well. Has a Lock to keep in the mode you set. Not too bad looking and got it for a song through Campmor.com ($39 + shipping). Have yet to dive with it though

Hope thats of some help.

Mike

SuPrBuGmAn:

I have the St. Moritz Nereos 1 watch, which has been successfully taken to 175'. Looks good on the surface as well, doesn't look like a laptop on your wrist.

Adam

AdamHorsman:
I have the St. Moritz Nereos 1 watch, which has been successfully taken to 175'. Looks good on the surface as well, doesn't look like a laptop on your wrist.

Adam
I guess I should add that my only complaint about the watch is that I cannot read it in the dark. There is no backlighting of the display. Sure, the bezel has small glow in the dark dashes but it is very hard to discern the different marks.

Adam

I have that watch, get the one with what they call a green dial, it glows like crazy. Real nice watch, quality product.
Here's the one I have (as I said, the face will glow like mad once light hits it, way more so than any gauges I've seen).
fullsize1.jpg

They are very good, I have used one for 5-6 years on many dives. They are assembled in Vancouver, BC from a mixture of Swiss and I believe Japanese parts. The M1 with the velcro band is a very good deal. No problems with battery changes, I would stick out my neck and say for a fraction of the price they as good as a Seiko dive watch.

Thanks for the input nwdiver2 and AdamHorseman and thanks for the tip bubble blower :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom