St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephhhhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Which one would you recommend the most? For lots of colors, lots of turtles :D
Trip to be done at the end of May/ beginning of June.
thanks

I can't really tell you for dominica. But i know in St. Lucia we have PLENTY... The diving in soufriere is nothing short of absolutely spectacluar. Especailly at the base of the pitons where the wall drops to thousands of feet and every centimeter is covered in hard or soft coral. Many tutles, barracuda, too many reef fish to remember and too many eels to make them even worth pointing out anymore. Also all the way up the coast we have nice reefs most in the 65 ft range and more even shalllow with max depths of 45 ft where you can see just as much on any given dive from seahorses to snake eels and squid. We also have 2 wrecks Lesleen M. which is a great wreck especailly for new divers. Great vis most times 80+ sometme 100+ shallow wit max depth of 65ft ( and thats lying down on the sand near the props yes i did it :$) .. Tonsss of fish many eels including garden eels, snake eels,sharptail eels, gold spotted eels, spotted, goldentail, and green morays. There are even frogfish though I haven't seen one yet. The other wreck is more advanced and lies in 100 ft of water but has just as many creatures including some bigger fish like tarpon and cudas. If you like macro you'll have just as uch fun with small blennies, gobys, jawfish, nudis, flamingo tongues, seahorses.

Interesting .......where one lives is the best diving....interesting.

As for Barbados, I have seen lots of turtles, morays, snake eels, rays.....and the like.

Plus, the activities above ground are pretty good too.

jaysbomb25,
my wife and i with some friends are coming to st lucia may 20.
we will be staying at the almonds smugglers cove resort.
i have contacted several dive ops but yet to reserve one.
this will be our first trip to y'alls island.
what do you consider a must see site?
can you recommend a museum or old fort?
there will be 2 non-divers with us and we want everyone to have a good time.
we are excited about our trip and can't wait.
regards,

well for almond cove you should check out dive fair helen as they will pick you up at your resort and drop you back. In terms of forts, Fort Rodeny is the best. It is located at the Pigeon Island National Park. There are several forts, battlements and the like including a museum in the park. There are also some nice beaches very worthwile. A must see site would be the Piton wall and you may like Lesleen M. .. However I just realized that you said almond smugglers I mistook it for almond morgan bay. The best op from there would be Eastern Caribbean Diving by far since Dive Fair Helen is located about a 50 min drive away when ECD is about 10-15. I can get you in contact with them if you like and you can arrange for Simon ( the captain) to pick you up in the Marina whch is a short taxi ride from your hotel and Pigeon Island may be a nice walk in the morning and spend the day there. If you don't like walking a taxi ride is less than 5 mins.

Also though I haven't been to almond smugglers, yet I used to go to before it was bought over and completely overhauled, they may now be offering some diving from there (don't quote me on this). But from my experience smuggler cove is a very nice shore dive. I don't know your preferences but that might be a dive to just do a simple shallow dive, don't expect more than 40ft but that reef offfers so much, however I've found it to be "seasonal". Sometimes you see lobsters, eels, starfish, squid barracudas and plenty other stuff, and some days you struggle to see a moray. But this site isn't worth payin a boat to dive as I said only consider it if the hotel has tanks because it wouldn't be worth it to go through much hassle to dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom