St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have any reports on Dominica?

on the contrary Barbados does offer some great diving , try c,bay , cement factory, stavo, pamir,

I liked Barbados.. I didn't care much for the "Dominican Republic" .. haven't been to Dominica yet...

beachcomber:
Does anyone have any reports on Dominica?

I got back from Dominica about 10 days ago.

Visibility was 20 feet on the best day, dive op was mediocre at best, resort wasn't any better.

The divemaster did not respond to repeated requests to slow down, pay attention to the divers, or stop standing on the coral. The last 2 days we asked him to make longer dives no deeper than 50 feet, instead he took everybody to 80 feet in a VERY strong current.

The divemaster-in-training had just completed his OW certification. He had not taken rescue, nor did he know what skills or tests he had to take to complete the PADI DM course.

Sea urchins were everywhere. Other than one 5' nurse shark, the biggest thing we saw all week was a turtle. There were some cool things that I had never seen before, but it wasn't worth the hassles we went through.

The highlight of the week was a tour of the island we did on Friday. We saw a lot of the rain forest and learned a great deal about the locals and how they live. We went to Emerald Pool and swam beneath the waterfall.

PM1_1053.jpg

PM1_1074.jpg

Back
Top Bottom