St. Louis area diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaredneck

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions or first hand knowledge of good diving in the St. Louis area?

Thanks

scubaredneck:
Anybody have any suggestions or first hand knowledge of good diving in the St. Louis area?

Thanks
Quail Run in Rolla's not a bad place to dive. Depends on how many paeople are there. I sugest going during the week, less people.
Mermet Springs is good exceppt right now the vis above 30 ft is pretty poor.
All the lakes off of the white river,i.e.. Beaver Lake, Table Rock, Bull Shoales, Lake Norfork. All have very clear water. Vis above the thermal cline is usually 10 20 ft and below probably 40 - 50 feet.

Hello fellow MO divers... just making contact. I plan on checking out Rolla/Quail Run soon (next month or so?).

Quail Run is a great place, especially for new divers, because its not really that deep, and there is a lot of small stuff at the bottom to look for. I have logged probably 30 to 40 dives there, and just a few weeks ago I finally found the darm jet ski.

Bonne Terre is an interesting dive, but expensive as heck. They do not have Nitrox, and you can not bring your own tanks. But after you walk down to the dive platform, you wouldnt want to bring your own. I counted 65 steps, plus an underground trail that has to be followed before you get to the dock. I think it usually runs about 120 bucks for 2 dives. Yikes.

Mermet is really cool, I have been there a few times this year, and the vis gets a little better each time. But once you get below 30 or 40 foot, you better be dressed warm, because the temp drops down to about 42 degrees.

I have heard about another place around Jefferson City that has two small quarries, but I have not peronally been there yet.

http://www.midwestscuba.net/diving.asp

at the bottom of this page is a list of "local" dive spots that my LDS lists on their web page. I am going toi try and hit all of them sometime this year.

The places near Jeff City are 2 quarries owned/operated by Scuba Adventure and Jeff Adams. http://www.goscubaadventure.com/index.html

2 small quarries, one with a Yugo? in it? I've never dived there, but a friend recently was certified. 20 ft vis at best, cold @ 55 - 65?

The directions on this page, is that to the dive shop, or to the actual quarries? I am thinking about checking it out this weekend.

to the dive shop, Bob.

I may go down there this weekend to check out some new gear, so maybe I'll see you. The quarries are actually almost down to Eldon, MO I think (never been to them myself, but a friend just got certified there).

Jmaserati:
to the dive shop, Bob.

I may go down there this weekend to check out some new gear, so maybe I'll see you. The quarries are actually almost down to Eldon, MO I think (never been to them myself, but a friend just got certified there).

Looks like I will be there tomorrow morning. Hope to see you there. I'll be the fat bald guy in the green and black suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom