St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in a couple days ago on a search and recovery of an item and was just fine in a 5mm wetsuit and a 3mm hood. Not too deep about 25-35' for around 40 minutes. I love the river warming up!!!

Did the Islander yesterday, vis has dropped to about 25'. I couldn't believe the amount of floating particles drifting about. Gonna try an area towards Ogdensburg and see if it was a localized event. Water temp was close to 58*F according to the computers I was wearing. Ton's of smallmouths and perch about 60' and up.

Saturday on the Keystorm and Vickery the water was still at 14C / 57F. Last night on Lock 23 it was 15C / 59F.

Currents on the river are pretty normal right now, although the water level did seem a bit lower than usual last night.

Slowly getting there.

Pretty normal. 15' - 20'.

Boat and Shearwaters had 60F and 59F respectively today on Keystorm and America. Vis was 30+. I measured by the mast.

Last edited:
How is the viz?

Pretty normal. 15' - 20'.

Viz was not great on Saturday at Lock 23. 5-10 feet, fast current and then lots of weird currents around the structures. A challenging dive for sure.

We lost a member of our group for a bit (gcarter, I'll fill you in on Wed) because of the current + viz situation. Fortunately we were all experienced L23 divers, but I'm glad we didn't have a newbie along.

16.7C at Morrisburg last night.

Lock 23 at Morrisburg this evening, 67F / 19.4C - almost 20C!

Lock 21 was at 17.2C on the 1st, came up fast with these temps.

Pretty incredible! We were in at Lock 28 and the Conny on the weekend with 62F showing on most computers, now you say 67 yesterday!

Now the NOAA site reports 69 today! I wanna go back!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom