St. Kitts Feb 26th pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All Photos taken with Canon G10 in WP - DC28 Housing and Sea and Sea YS 17 Strobe with Inon UCL - 165 M67 wet lens used for macro shots. Comments and Critique Welcome.

Dive Site: The Wreck of the River Taw

FeatherDuster.jpg

FeatherWorm.jpg

Lizardfish.jpg

SpottedCleanershrimp2.jpg

Tunicates.jpg

YellowheadJawfish.jpg

Thank you Prodivers.

I like the shrimp the best.

How do you attach that lens to the Canon housing, out of curiosity? I never looked into getting a macro wet lens for my g10.

I put up a photo guide as to how I did it. Cost me $5 instead of $70 and has been flawless. All you need is a 67mm step up ring and some velcro and superglue. As you'll see in the pics cut the back of the ring off so that it is flat on one side, sand it down and superglue the velcro to the back of the ring, glue corresponding strips onto the front of your housing and thats it. It's easily removable underwater so you can move from macro to normal in a flash which is perfect for reef photography.

Canon G10 Housing Mod pictures by JayBombs25 - Photobucket

Very nice pictures. I also like the Yellowhead Jawfish.

I put up a photo guide as to how I did it. Cost me $5 instead of $70 and has been flawless. All you need is a 67mm step up ring and some velcro and superglue. As you'll see in the pics cut the back of the ring off so that it is flat on one side, sand it down and superglue the velcro to the back of the ring, glue corresponding strips onto the front of your housing and thats it. It's easily removable underwater so you can move from macro to normal in a flash which is perfect for reef photography.

Canon G10 Housing Mod pictures by JayBombs25 - Photobucket

Thanks, Jay. How stable is that underwater though? Has it ever come off during a dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom