St. Croix Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just acquired and trained on the Hollis Explorer. Traveling to St Croix in January and I'm having trouble finding Sofnolime on the island. The only Google hit comes up with a dive shop that does not want to sell to anyone that doesn't dive with them. Any help would be appreciated. If this isn't the forum to find this resource a pointed to the correct one would be appreciated.

Marc

If you're having trouble finding it on the island, you could always travel with a keg of sorb as a checked bag or ship it down. A quick check online shows shipping at $88 for a keg.

Another option would be to pack scrubber ziplock bags and either ship it down or carry it with you. My buddy will often travel with packed scrubbers and then have a some ziplock bags packed with extra checked sorb.

I would message Jon Kieren on Facebook. He is a breather instructor and just moved to St Croix. I am guessing St Croix has a US zip code and if it is like Truk Lagoon you can ship USPS. The if it fits is ships boxes are the same price as in the US

I am guessing St Croix has a US zip code and if it is like Truk Lagoon you can ship USPS. The if it fits is ships boxes are the same price as in the US

You can fit a ton of sorb in a large flat rate box. That's what I did when I flew to FL since it was much cheaper to pay the shipping than buy sorb there.

I just got a PM from a shop in St Croix. I'll keep you posted on it's availability. Thanks for the replies.

Marc

I would message Jon Kieren on Facebook. He is a breather instructor and just moved to St Croix. I am guessing St Croix has a US zip code and if it is like Truk Lagoon you can ship USPS. The if it fits is ships boxes are the same price as in the US

There is a guy on island who brings it in by the palette and sells it for around 230-250/keg I think.
We just drop a couple tubs into some duffel bags and check them each time we come down, slowly building up a little inventory :)

And yes, USPS flat rate boxes work great going to STX as well.

We did not move to St. Croix permanently, we technically reside in High Springs, FL now, but will be spending a lot more time down in the islands. We just got back from a 6 week trip down there, and Planning on being there for about 2 months from mid-January through mid March 2017 to run some CCR, OC Tech, and Instructor level courses. Then heading down at least once every couple months to teach as needed. Happy to help arrange logistics for tech trips to the islands for anyone in need. Facebook messenger is the easiest way to reach me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom