Ssi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary: Did you mean "discussing?"
Also, I went through the NASDS Scuba Diver Course just as my shop was getting in the SSI transformation!! I still have my NASDS dive tables and book.

No, that word succinctly expresses my opinion about these types of threads.

Just because there may be some other person that would like an honest,open answer to this question,and my opinion.I was not thrilled about SSI when i got started,until I did realize that it's good to have as much dive experience as possible to be called advanced anything.Having to have the dives before moving on up is great to me,I would hate to think anyone would give me an advanced rating without showing I am or can be,and it makes me want to dive more and often to move up.Warmer waters,here I come

I was certified OW through NASDS in 1986. After 17 years out of the water (wife kids, etc.) I was ready to get back in. The dive shop I liked was teaching PADI so I took a PADI class to recertify. There is not much difference between the material from NASDS/SSI and Padi. The number of class and dives are similar. The important thing is are you comfortable and safe breathing air through a hose underwater and did you have fun? If the answer is yes, then forget about the letters on you dive card and go have fun!

our SSI school has actually had various PADI instructors move in because they didn't like the over-commercial aspect of PADI and found SSI slightly more serious...but thats prolly just cases and you can't really pon that down on the whole organisation worldwide...

I feel I joined a good org... SSi sounds nicer aswell jk:banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom