SSI Stress & Rescue class details?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure - I don't see why not.. I wish there would have been more info out there when I was looking for shops, so I think it's pretty important to share this kind of info.

aquatic sports - Google Maps

That's a google maps link that should take you to the shop.. Check out my google maps review and feel free to mark it as "useful" if you find it to be so. (Jon M.)

Thanks again for all the info everybody - happy and safe diving!

Hey Greymatterfan,

My SSI stress rescue class was like yours. I have realized in my own progression a lot of variability in quality of instruction out there. I will be retaking my rescue class in the future and will pay much closer attention to who I take it from.

PD

Hey PD -

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience... I agree with you in terms of variable quality.. I really feel like my original open water instructor was top notch, so I was lucky.. I know now that you REALLY have to do your homework on an instructor before paying up for classes.. can't just go by a nice looking Web site & pool and a shop that's close to your home! We just moved into the area and were anxious to get more training & experience, so I wish I would have found the local dive forums and checked around a lot more first.

I'm also glad to hear there are some really creative & demanding classes being offered out there - that's what I'll look for in the next attempt.

Not sure how long you have been diving for. For me I always used the same instructor for everything I have done. I have a good bond with him now and can call him 24 /7 with any question or concern I have. But from day one diving I always used a buddy that had over 100 dives so I learned so much to quick. It wasnt a bad thing. But I went through PADI ( not any better) lol... It's all on your dive instructor once you find a good one stick with him/her. If they wont give you there home number don't use them. When I met my instructor the first words out of his mouth was my name is:" blah , blah , blah and here are three numbers you can reach me at. Home ,Cell, Work numbers if you have any questions call me anytime" right then I knew he was a great instructor. Anyway to answer your question I would ask the instructor for a 1 on 1 but if you are past that look for a dive master to help you out with what you dont understand or would like to learn i'm sure they will help you in any way they can just through them a few bucks just to be kind but dont tell them you will be doing that see what you get out of it first if they are a good dive master they can teach you a lot of stuff you want to know. I dive with a person that has well over 2000 dives and he is SSI open water cert. only! I will go 130' any day with him and feel safe as my buddy that he will know what to do in a bad situation. He has taught me more than any instructor has done just from going on dives with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom