SSASS Roll Call...

January SSASS Roll Call

• Want to but can't....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, 2 out of the 3 local TV stations that I've seen here said the front will stall over Waco and not reach Austin until sometime mid day sunday. The 3rd said it's going to be a wild night saturday night. My bonz tell me it will be OK.

Well, Looks like we got some last minute commitments, hope everyone is able to make it, But lets not push the weather too hard. Willie and others from the north are the ones who might have trouble, I think the Austin Metro and south will be fine till sunday. Just wet and cold, but not freezing. I am going to run to Oak Hill Scuba sometime today, look at some fins to fit my new boots. And try to pick up some more firewood for the cold spell if it slacks off raining for a bit.

I am ready to eat some bbq and talk diving. So far looks like hemlon, acj, karen s.& friends, mack & wife, enrique & wife, shaggie, & me are going to come, with wille depending on what weather does.

Lisa, I think we have met to talk diving before, just after my return from cozumel last year. Beers at BB Rovers, I rode my bike up there? If so, I look forward to hearing about your diving since, you head to all those pretty diving places. I have been fresh water since cozumel trip, upgrading gear and diving what is left of Travis. Now that gear is mostly satisfactory (there is always some gadget I think I 'need' :wink: ) I can start saving for some bluewater time.

mmmmmmmmmmmm............Bbbbb...Bbbbb...Qqqqqqqq..................... :homer style drool:

Is the reservation under Texas Swamp Divers?? I am still planning on going.

NadMat - I think you are right....I met a friend of yours (cant remember her name) at BBs for a beer and you and I think it was your brother were there. You have some memory!!

See y'all tonight.

acj:
Is the reservation under Texas Swamp Divers?? I am still planning on going.

NadMat - I think you are right....I met a friend of yours (cant remember her name) at BBs for a beer and you and I think it was your brother were there. You have some memory!!

See y'all tonight.

They don't take reservations on weekends, but they do take a group name and estimate of numbers, which will keep us at top of list to be seated. Jeremy at County Line said he is not expecting a big night because of weather so we should be able to get seated quickly if not right away.

Our group is listed as Texas Swampers, and I told him to expect at least 8-10 people.
Let's all shoot for as close to 7:30 as we can. I may have to do a small salad for lunch to save room for the bbq later....

Look forward to seeing you again...

With the forecast as it stands, I wont be coming. Yall have fun.

Willie

Was great to see everyone who came out on such a nasty evening to talk diving. Hemlon, acj, Karen S. and her friend Sharon, Mack and his wife(also a Karen), Shaggie, and subzero.

I forgot to bring camera (despite setting it and tripod out so I wouldn't) so no pictures from this one:(.

Besides general dive chat, we voted on where next SSASS would be at and decided on Texas Chili Parlor as next location. Down about Guadalupe and 15th.

Will start a new thread for Feb SSASS soon, let's see if we can beat Jan. turnout.

Glad yall had a good time. As it turned out, we didnt get any ice (yet) and I would have been able to make the trip, but better to be on the safe side.

Willie

Back
Top Bottom