SSASS Roll Call...

January SSASS Roll Call

• Want to but can't....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could come down for this, but the weather is supposed to get REALLY nasty (ice and sleet) this weekend in the Metroplex, so I'll have to hope for a future SSASS.

I was watching the weather today, and I sure hope they are wrong about that artic front coming through mid day saturday. If it's raining it might be a dicey drive home!
O well, Danger is my middle name! (OK, so actualy it's Andrew)

Hemlon:
If the weather is too bad, I won't be going.
I was hoping the weather would allow me to get a couple of dives in on Sat and then attend the evening event. I am crossing my fingers. It seems like every day the forecast gets worse. I may have to stay at home altogether.

I have done my share of Ice Driving and dont really care that much for it.

Willie

I don't think the front is supposed to hit till sunday sometime, no freezies till sunday afternoon evening, at least in austin area. Waco could be getting it earlier, but I think San Marcos won't see it till Sunday also. So lets all get our grub on at the Line on the Lake Saturday!

My last dive was new years day, and with lake temps dropping the vis will keep getting crappy for a while, maybe a good time to talk with Mack about getting my Scientific Diver cert. so can go play in Aquarena 'til Travis clears up late Feb or March. New U/W camera housing for Christmas and I can't see anything but a few feet of silt in Travis since :(

See everyone Saturday at 7:30

So, is anyone planning on diving Travis this Saturday? I'd like to go blow some bubbles before the SSASS.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but our temperature here in Arlington has dropped 20 degrees in the last hour. It's currently 44oF. The cold front is here, which means the Arctic blast is not going to be much further behind. If you're still going to meet tomorrow night, PLEASE be careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom