Sri Lanka - South/West Coast for AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadunc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I thought I would start a new Sri Lanka post rather than adding to an existing one.

We're currently in Tangalle and will be working our way along the coast back to Colombo. Can anyone recommend dive sites we shouldn't miss?

Recommendations for dive companies would be appreciated as well.

We did some diving out of Unawatuna and because of a recent cyclone it wasn't great. We dived with 4 different companies in Sri Lanka and I have to say Pearl were the only one I wouldn't use again. The DM was harassing marine life and they also made it sound like there were 2 DM's to a group of 6 but it turned out only one person was a DM and the other was an AOW that worked there.

Dive For You at Hikkaduwa was the best and most professional company we used. Colombo Divers (Negombo) and Sri Lanka Diving Academy (Mirissa) were good as well.

The diving wasn't as good as I'd expected even 2 weeks after the cyclone. Max 10m visibility but 5-7m on most dives, I'd read about 20m!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom