SR1 blowing up problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, didn't think this thread was going to be revived but I'm happy it did. I was one of the beneficiaries of the bad press the SR1 got, picking up a unit at a little over half price. 45+ dives later and it's still everything I want and more.

One problem though - the cover over the purge button on the second stage broke. The purge is still functional so I'm assuming it's just a cosmetic matter, but should I be worried about it? Would it be covered under warranty? Anyone else have this problem? I thought I read about it somewhere but can't recall where.

m.

My first one the cover on the purge broke years ago and I haven't noticed any ill effects. My second one is still good for now.

Wow, didn't think this thread was going to be revived but I'm happy it did. I was one of the beneficiaries of the bad press the SR1 got, picking up a unit at a little over half price. 45+ dives later and it's still everything I want and more.

One problem though - the cover over the purge button on the second stage broke. The purge is still functional so I'm assuming it's just a cosmetic matter, but should I be worried about it? Would it be covered under warranty? Anyone else have this problem? I thought I read about it somewhere but can't recall where.

m.

I did have that problem. I don't know if warranty covered it or the LDS I purchased it from did. At any rate it was replaced and didn't cost me anything. It did not cause any problems with the purge and if I didn't look my equipment over very closely before I used it I may not have even noticed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom