SR1 blowing up problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hunter-williams, - do you have a wisdom 1 or 2 I have a two that was replaced without question and it has a bunch of dives on it with no probs. BTW - I got another SR1 on a promotion that sherwood had, have 60 dives on it series 1K and no probs. Hope this helps

Wisdom 2 - I'll head back to my LDS tomorrow once its open and see what they say... but I definately want something sorted as I don't believe any computer should stuff up like this (regardless of how small).

Dear SCUTW

Please take your two regulators into the shop you purchased them at. They will take care of it without question.

Sherwood Scuba
Just had the Enviro-plug blow out on my new SR1 on the prep for my 7th dive in Cozumel. I had to borrow a set to finish out my package. Took my regs to my LDS and hope that this issue can be resolved with great haste and no further concern. Mine are the 1C series. I do not wish to have that 1st stage back.....no confidence. I loved them up to that point, but faith is fickle ! Love ScubaBoard for the reason that I feel very informed as to the problem. Some contradiction seems to exist between owners of this set. I do not wish to be a 3-peat owner of failed seal regs. I would appreciate some reassuring words from Sherwood.

Dear jshankjr,

The issue has been identified and the service is really quite easy for the technician. Once the proper HP Seat is in the 1st stage and the o-rings are properly lubricated, you should not have any problems at all.

Good Diving,
Sherwood Scuba Rep.

Yup, I shoulda waited.... Bought it when it first came out, went through 2 of them. I drooled over this reg since the first advertising slick, was going to replace my magnums. They popped on 1st pressurizing. Scared the hell out of me at the time. I'm a die hard Sherwood fan, but I had no confidence in this unit, really makes me sad. So I had to buy something else.

BTW, my magnums breathe just as easy as anything else, just depends if it is tuned properly.

where is the serial number for the sr1 located?

The 1st stage serial number is engraved right next to one of the ports.
The 2nd stage serial number is on the case between the mouthpiece and the exhaust tee.

i have the SR1 and this is my experience so fer:

1) After the 5th dive i pressed the lovely sherwoood badged "RUBBER" to release the air from my lines and "my thumb BROKE THROUGH splitting th rubber.

action; I rang the supplyer (distributor in australia) and spole to them about it . an emplyee told me that this had never happened before and he would endevour to replace it.

On the monday rang back and the owner BACICALLY ACUSSED ME OF MISS HANDLEING THE EQUIPMENT and stated many times that this had never happend before many times. He then refused to replace it. Later that week one mistiously arrived in the post!!!

2) on the 9th dive at 27 mt i got a little "water in " i changed to my alternate and inspected my Sherwood SR1 and found that the "EXUST MANIFIOLD WAS MISSING" in all fairness i must have caught it on the seat of the boat : BUT IS STILL SHOULD NOT HAVE COME OFF!!!

I AGAIN RANG MY SUPPLYER who again catigorically stated that this had NEVER HAPPENED BFORE, and again implied that i had miss treated the equipment , I HAD TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE !!!

i also purchased a "SPARE ONE"

3) AT THE BUDDY CHECK ON OF MY 25TH DIVE WITH THE EQUIPPMENT i took my SHERWOOD SR1 and put it in my mouth and took a breath I GOT THE SHOCK OF MY DIVING LIFE it gave me intermitant "FULL TANK PRESSUE" like bullets from a MACHINE GUN. Ii checked my alternate and it was DOING THE SAME.

I had the dive center SEA ELPOURES DAIUN DUMUGETE PHILLIPINES (i highly recommend for pure safe diving plesure) take the first stage apart and they reported it had 'NO SILICON GREASE AND THAT THE PISTON WAS STICKING"

THEY RECOMENDED THAT IF I CONTINUE TO USE THIS FIRT STAGE TO SERVICE IT EVERY 3 MONTHS OR 100 TO 150 DIVES

Nedless to say I WILL BE DEMANDING MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!

The serial number on my 1st stage is ih442 and my reg is can tlocate it. Do u have to remove the exust t to find it

can u tell me what model this is 1c etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom