SR-1 Broken 2nd stage purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukemillar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Just come back from a diving holiday and while I was away someone setup my gear and got a bit carried away purging the system as they stuck their fingers right through the rubber purge button on my SR1's 2nd stage!

I was wondering how to go about getting a replacement. I took the regs into my LDS (in New Zealand) for servicing before I went on holiday, but they had problems sourcing parts for the SR1 in NZ as they said it was a too new product!? I believe that was meant ".... in time for returning the regs so I could on holiday", but anyway!

Is it possible to get a replacement button? I don't mind paying; just seems it may be a lot easier and quicker to source one from the US myself and give it to my LDS to fit!

Thanks
Luke

Luke,
We will have our NZ distributor contact you and help you get a replacement. Thanks for letting us know about this situation.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

That's really strange Luke.

I too have a SR-1 and had the same problem, someone stuck their finger in too hard and ripped the purge cover.

I took it back into my LDS and they had it replaced pretty quick smart - and that was probably around 9-10 months ago.. so not sure why your LDS reckons that parts are hard to get hold of :/

Great reg though!

That's really strange Luke.

I too have a SR-1 and had the same problem, someone stuck their finger in too hard and ripped the purge cover.

I took it back into my LDS and they had it replaced pretty quick smart - and that was probably around 9-10 months ago.. so not sure why your LDS reckons that parts are hard to get hold of :/

Great reg though!

Yep, mine is now sorted. The Sherwood rep got in touch and sorted me out very quickly as well. Great customer service, I am very impressed :)

Back
Top Bottom