Squashing the Rumors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming that there's any truth to that opinion stated as fact, why do you consider it to be any of your concern? She obviously has no intention of deleting the thread.

I made a suggestion based on my opinion. Just trying to help out.

Sarcasm noted. You don't think I'm trying to help.

The person I am close to who is a recovering alcoholic goes to meetings regularly, speaks when it's her turn to present her history to the group, and meets privately with her sponsor and other alcoholics to go through "bookwork". She doesn't keep it a secret from her close friends, family and anyone in AA. She's really into the whole AA thing, in fact she just spent the first Friday of each of the last 8 weeks getting up at 4 am to make coffee for the early morning meetings.

I read the first post on this thread to her and her response was "That's CRAZY! I'd never put those sort of details about myself on the internet.

Most people i know would look at this is a good empowering way. Its a sad life trying to live up to other peoples standards like norm. I wouldnt want business from people like that anyway. You go christie. Good luck. Nice chatting with you.

"You would never put things like this on internet about urself"
thats because you. worry to much about what other people think. Sad life living up to someone elses standards. Its people like this whose cars cost more than their house so they impress people at a stoplight.

Its a sad life trying to live up to other peoples standards like norm. I wouldnt want business from people like that anyway.

I don't live up to other people's standards. I'm self employed, and I do consider that what I write on social media might be viewed and judged by potential customers who might be put off by something I write and choose not do business with me.

I'd rather be a more cautious and be more successful financially. I'll take money from people I like, and from those I dislike. It's all the same to me being that I'm an equal opportunity money taker. In reality I don't give a rat's ass what people think of me personally and some day when I retire I will post with no filters whatsoever.

Your mileage may vary. If you can afford to handpick your customers then more power to ya.

Sarcasm noted. You don't think I'm trying to help.
No, it seemed to me that you were whacking her with a rolled up newspaper. Bad Christi! :D

Christi is a grown up woman capable of making her own decisions and living with the consequences.

Christi,

I admire what you're doing and how you're dealing with your problems.

Cozumel isn't in my immediate travel plans, but I'd be happy to patronize a business whose owner is so up front about who and where she is.

Best wishes in all your future endeavors,

Hi Christi, I admire your truthfulness and tackling addictions head on. Part of healing oneself from addictions is being honest. I wish you all the best in all your endeavours. Being honest is an asset not a liability.

My dive buddies and I are in AA! Ranging from 8 to 28 years sobriety. My business suffered during the later and worst part of my drinking. But my business doubled in volume after I got sober. Here’s to you Christy. You’re in good company. If you need a meeting if in Houston, DM me!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Certainly when you put yourself "out there" you are likely to get some commentary. I allowed a certain amount of that but decided to do a thread cleanup based on complaints we received from other users. That has included posts quoting the hijack. Any persistent hijackers will be thread banned. You know who you are. Be kind. Marg, SB Senior Moderator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom