Squashing the Rumors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Happy New Year Scubaboard!

It has come to my attention that there are some rumors going around through a few dive shops and the marinas that Blue XT~Sea is closing and that I am leaving the island permanently. NOTHING could be further from the truth. Here is a true story, straight from me, the owner's mouth. This should help clear up any rumors you may have heard or may hear.

In early 2002, I started Blue XT~Sea Diving from the ground up as arguably the first "boutique" operation on the island - several have followed my model since then. Admittedly, we had a few very rough years between 2009 and 2013 due to my own battle with alcoholism and addiction to Xanax, which I beat in October of 2013. By the grace of God, I haven't had a drink or drug since then. Fortunately, I have had a solid, and unconditionally supportive and loving team before, through and since my struggle. I am grateful for them every single day. To that end, not only are they stellar human beings, they are well seasoned and tenured (almost 2 decades) professionals who love their jobs and know their jobs well. I pride myself on having built an amazing team, who are like family now. I provide the resources, tools, policies and guidance for my team to deliver exceptional experiences and service for our divers, but they have autonomy, and I trust them each to do their jobs and take pride in their roles. This is why entrepreneurs build businesses, to create, nurture, and grow the business, which allows for additional opportunities in life when the business is established. I had another dream as well that I finally decided to pursue.

As some of you already know, I started a graduate program in MN last January (Counseling for Co-Occurring Disorders which is addiction and mental health counseling). I have completed the first year of my program online and with a few trips to MN for classroom and residency. I have reached the point in my program where I have to be on campus more regularly as well as complete 900 hours of clinical internship before graduating. With that said, I will be spending a majority of my time in Minnesota until I graduate, complete my clinical hours and obtain my licensing (LADC & LPC). I will still be making frequent trips to the island.

As a Mexican citizen, I am eligible to obtain a Professional License here as well (Cedula Profesional "CP"). My ultimate dream and goal is to complete my graduate program and become licensed in Minnesota, which will allow me to apply for my CP here in Mexico. Here on the island, I will be able to be of service to the growing numbers of alcoholics & addicts, as well as those suffering from depression, anxiety or other mental health disorders. More will be revealed.

The only changes you will notice are that Pedro Pablo will still be DMing, but he will also be our Operations Manager fulfilling the same role he fulfills when I am away on vacation or school. Julie who has been with us since July will be managing reservations and billing; and Norma, my administrative assistant will continue her role in accounting, licensing & permits, and administrative support. I will still be in contact with my team on a daily basis for anything that they need from me. My management team as well as the other valued team members will continue to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.

So in summary:
  1. No, Blue XT~Sea is NOT for sale and it is not NOT closing - most will notice no changes and will receive the same excellent service from my team.
  2. My house is not for sale, my car is not for sale - I have some dear friends house-sitting for me while I am away.
  3. Finally. I am not leaving the island permanently. I will just be spending more time in the USA for the next 12 - 18 months while I fulfill the requirements to follow my other dream and passion in helping others recover from debilitating addiction and illness.
If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to e-mail me personally at info@bluextseadiving.com

Happy New Year!

Peace, Love, Health and Prosperity to all for 2020 and beyond!

BTW T- 3 days - This Texas born Cozemeleñian is heading to the cold tundra called MinneSNOWta on Saturday, Jan 4. 2020! Wish me luck because I don't know how to DO winter! But I think it's a small price to pay to receive this education from the gold standard in recovery and addiction and to follow a dream! It's been a bittersweet few weeks as I get ready to leave - for now!

Such a brave and well stated post.

Dear Christi,

I am in much the same "boat". I have to spend more time in Texas with my 11 year old son. Still love Cozumel and have all my things there, but with good people the show will go on!

Good on You,

Dave Dillehay (Aldora Retired)

Happy New Year Scubaboard!

It has come to my attention that there are some rumors going around through a few dive shops and the marinas that Blue XT~Sea is closing and that I am leaving the island permanently. NOTHING could be further from the truth. Here is a true story, straight from me, the owner's mouth. This should help clear up any rumors you may have heard or may hear.

In early 2002, I started Blue XT~Sea Diving from the ground up as arguably the first "boutique" operation on the island - several have followed my model since then. Admittedly, we had a few very rough years between 2009 and 2013 due to my own battle with alcoholism and addiction to Xanax, which I beat in October of 2013. By the grace of God, I haven't had a drink or drug since then. Fortunately, I have had a solid, and unconditionally supportive and loving team before, through and since my struggle. I am grateful for them every single day. To that end, not only are they stellar human beings, they are well seasoned and tenured (almost 2 decades) professionals who love their jobs and know their jobs well. I pride myself on having built an amazing team, who are like family now. I provide the resources, tools, policies and guidance for my team to deliver exceptional experiences and service for our divers, but they have autonomy, and I trust them each to do their jobs and take pride in their roles. This is why entrepreneurs build businesses, to create, nurture, and grow the business, which allows for additional opportunities in life when the business is established. I had another dream as well that I finally decided to pursue.

As some of you already know, I started a graduate program in MN last January (Counseling for Co-Occurring Disorders which is addiction and mental health counseling). I completed the first year of my program online and with a few trips to MN for classroom and residency. I have reached the point in my program where I have to be on campus more regularly as well as complete 900 hours of clinical internship before graduating. With that said, I will be spending a majority of my time in Minnesota until I graduate, complete my clinical hours and obtain my licensing (LADC & LPC). I will still be making frequent trips to the island.

As a Mexican citizen, I am eligible to obtain a Professional License here as well (Cedula Profesional "CP"). My ultimate dream and goal is to complete my graduate program and become licensed in Minnesota, which will allow me to apply for my CP here on the island. Here on the island, I will be able to be of service to the growing numbers of alcoholics & addicts, as well as those suffering from depression, anxiety or other mental health disorders.

The the only changes you will notice are that Pedro Pablo will still be DMing, but he will also be our Operations Manager fulfilling the same role he fulfills when I am away on vacation or school. Julie who has been with us since July will be managing reservations and billing; and Norma, my administrative assistant will continue her role in accounting, licensing & permits, and administrative support. I will still be in contact with my team on a daily basis for anything that they need from me. My management team as well as the other valued team members will continue to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.

So in summary:
  1. No, Blue XT~Sea is NOT for sale and it is not NOT closing - most will notice no changes and will receive the same excellent service from my team.
  2. My house is not for sale, my car is not for sale - I have some dear friends house-sitting for me while I am away.
  3. Finally. I am not leaving the island permanently. I will just be spending more time in the USA for the next 12 - 18 months while I fulfill the requirements to follow my other dream and passion in helping others recover from debilitating addiction and illness.
If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to e-mail me personally at info@bluextseadiving.com

Happy New Year!

Peace, Love, Health and Prosperity to all for 2020 and beyond!
Keep rocking it @Christi -- AnaMaria and I love you and BlueXTSea! You have an amazing team that has flourished under your leadership. You have come so far and we absolutely love how you are focused on giving back and nurturing others, while still running your outstanding business.

You have won me over so many times with your exemplary customer service and your "go above and beyond attitude"

Keep rocking it @Christi -- AnaMaria and I love you and BlueXTSea! You have an amazing team that has flourished under your leadership. You have come so far and we absolutely love how you are focused on giving back and nurturing others, while still running your outstanding business.

You have won me over so many times with your exemplary customer service and your "go above and beyond attitude"

Are you trying to make me cry??? LOL I love you guys dearly!

BTW T- 3 days - This texas born Cozemeleñian is heading to the cold tundra on Saturday! Bittersweet

Via con Dios, mi amiga!

Let me know any week(s) you need me to house sit and help out on the boats! :D :D :D

New decade, new horizons. Good luck in your pursuit of educational betterment. If Pete cant make, I can :wink:

I'm a new guy here on ScubaBoard, but in my short time here I've come to appreciate your open communication and information you have given freely.

Best of luck as you continue your journey. (I don't know if I could ever live in the cold....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom