Spyderco Salt knife: Mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I`d already described here my way to loss prevent for knife or scissors:
one small tip:
I have similar for same scissors, and use different safety strap - thin small and short (20-30 cm = 1 foot) line, that attached to scissors and shears.
If you accidentaly drop you scissors from shears - you will not lost it - it stay attached.
When you need to operate in emergency case - just cut this line, using same scissors :)
h-2761-jpg.479812.jpg
h-2762-jpg.479813.jpg

Sheath is very simple - just piece of 2" strap, folded in Z shape (or like ), and sewed then.

Use a lockable S-Biner of an appropriate size through the hole on the blade. Works for me.
upload_2018-12-3_9-13-46.png

Use a lockable S-Biner of an appropriate size through the hole on the blade. Works for me.
View attachment 492199

DO NOT BUY THOSE!!!
They rust very quickly. West Marine sells them and I bought a couple of those to use in the cabin of my sailboat. They weren't actually even under water and yet they rusted and left nasty stains on nice wood panels.

Also, carabiners cause certain death underwater... everyone knows that :wink:

Will these kill you twice, kill you and your buddy, or just kill you twice as fast since they are doubles??? :)

First, the whole suicide clip thing is pure bushwah. Second, the clips lock, or didn't you see that.

First, the whole suicide clip thing is pure bushwah. Second, the clips lock, or didn't you see that.

I take it you didn't notice the levity in these posts. To be clear for others, most Carabiners don't suffer the same design flaws as what has become known in the Scuba Diving industry as "suicide clips". A death occured on the Andrea Doria where the diver was entangled in electrical wiring that was jammed into a snap hook on his gear. This kind of snap can have a resilient line or cable forced into the it and jam the rotating "safety" arm closed. Example:

upload_2018-12-3_10-36-35.png

I have experienced this problem using snap hooks, primarily on 3-strand and double-braided lines. Fortunately they weren't attached to me underwater at the time. Carabiners usually have much larger hook areas than the opening, which significantly reduces the potential problem.

Back
Top Bottom