Springfest offshore dives 4/30/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black, you can bring anything you want. There is always a large variety of meats and sausages. Seafood must be cooked last or at your own grill due to some participants having seafood allergies. We are always in need of side items, but again it's all pot luck. If you bring adult beverages, they must be in unmarked containers. :wink: The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the festivities. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

Heading to PC this weekend, high tide Sat 1:23 PM Sweet, should be good clear water running into At Andrews Bay. Temps around 70 so using my 5MM wetsuit for this dive, a little more buoyancy but more weight and it should be good diving. I stop to see Pat Green's dive shop to pick up my two tanks that I behind on the last trip. I will get some ideas for the best offshore dive sites and post it for this April 30th dive trip. If weather holds up it should be some great diving. Lets dive!

Hi Lives for Sharks! I dove with you at Morrison last year during Springfest. I'm headed to Panama City for two weeks and will be there again for Springfest. Will try to get on the boat with you too. Do you have any info on accommodations at Vortex and any other planned dives?

Hey there real! Welcome back! I will be in my humble tent at campsite 8 at Vortex. I will be getting into Ponce De Leon late Thurs on the 28th. I will more than likely be doing my traditional Morrison dives Friday early afternoon and then the Saturday PC dives. Never sure about Sunday, just depends on how festive I am Saturday night! :)

Hi Carolyn, Cool! I'm in a condo on PC Beach for 2 weeks starting 4/17 working. My family will drive up the second week and we're going to try to spend Friday and Saturday night at Vortex. I'll get with Pat and try to get on the boat with you. Our little guy has never done Morrison so we're definitely going to fit it in somewhere. I sent an email to our techie friend from Atlanta I met with you last year (forgot his Scubaboard name) but haven't heard back yet. Look forward to diving with you again.
Richard

About 70% a yes for me and my wife at this point. What's the count / proposed locations?

We still have plenty of spots left! So Wet, you are more than welcome to join us! Will you be attending the Vortex festivities as well?

Nash, we don't have a full boat, but I need to get a count to Cpt Pat by next week. So far there are tentatively 6 of us divers. Hopefully, we can get a few more on board. When it comes to dive sites, the conditions will dictate that. Hopefully, we can be offshore and that will put us in some deeper waters and some pretty nice sites. If it's a bit rough then we will go shallow and stay inshore.

My nitrox tanks are in Pats shop so I'm picking them up this Sat. The dive boat is new 36 ft Newton; same as they use in the keys. Its in great shape and all it needs is a crew of divers, I'm sure we can get in some great diving if the weather holds, and I'm sure it will. I dove St Andrews last weekend with just a dive skin and 2mm vest, I really not cold. The Gulf is warming quick. Probably a 3-5 MM wetsuit should work for this upcomming SBer dive. I'm going out this Sunday to dive the Pyramids, a place I have not been. I'll post the bottem temps maybe its still in the 60's..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom