Springfest III April 23rd-25th @ Vortex Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For anyone who is planning beach dives for SpringFest

St Andrews Jetties

Th 22 Low 2:12 AM High 4:23 PM
F 23 Low 2:36 AM High 6:11 PM
Sa 24 Low 2:38 AM High 9:36 AM Low 2:34 PM High 8:50 PM
Su 25 Low 1:53 AM High 8:21 AM

Destin Jetties

Th 22 Low 3:28 AM High 5:28 PM
F 23 Low 3:52 AM High 7:16 PM
Sa 24 Low 3:54 AM High 10:41 AM Low 3:50 PM High 9:55 PM
Su 25 Low 3:09 AM High 9:26 AM Low 5:28 PM

FT. Pickens

Th 22 Low 3:28 AM High 4:39 PM
F 23 Low 3:52 AM High 6:27 PM
Sa 24 Low 3:54 AM High 9:52 AM Low 3:50 PM High 9:06 PM
Su 25 Low 3:09 AM High 8:37 AM Low 5:28 PM

The Offshore dive trip on the 24th we have booked is AOW/Nitrox since we are diving in areas of 100'. If weather conditions change, we will be forced closer to shore. There are groups that dive the Jetties in Panama City and the Destin areas. Just keep checking the board and you should be able to hook up some great diving.

Carolyn:shark2:

looking forward to getting back in the water , being a newbie i look forward to learning from you more experienced divers..........so no cruel jokes...lol

Don't worry about being a new diver, we all were once. Alot of people will be shore diving either in the springs such as Vortex (obvious), Morrison, Cypress, as well as getting their gear salty at St Andrews jetties. Once you get to Vortex, ask around, you will find that people are more than happy to show you around to some cool dive spots.

who's the boat trip booked through?

I believe I have those honors this go round. So far its looking to be an "offshore trip" meaning any of the spots that are more than 8 miles from the pass are fair game.
"Inshore" is the USS Strength, Red Sea, Black Bart, Hovercraft, a pile of bridge spans and a few barges plus the Chickasaw.
"Offshore" is pretty much everything else. My favorites are the Chippewa, Twin Tugs (FAMI Tugs), and Stage 1. Also in there is the Accokeek, BJ Putnam, Tarpon, Commander, Mac Reef, another pile of old Hathaway spans and the newer DuPont Spans and a few more barges. We could even do the Grey Ghost of everyone wanted to make the run out there.

This is a scubaboard only trip so whatever you guys decide is the plan unless weather says otherwise.

I believe I have those honors this go round.

Excellent :thumb:

For those who haven't ever dove with Pat, he runs an excellent operation and I would highly suggestion for this or any other trip. Also has a nice roomy boat that he doesn't overcrowd. :D

OK CAMPERS, here is the shirt for Spring-Springfest III. It was brought to my attention by fellow festers that they would like to see the Bunny back. This time I got to play with more colors. Let me know what you think and I will get it off to Cafe Press. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

LOVE IT, Shark Woman !!!!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom