Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetpilot379

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments/recommendations on any particular brand of spring strap; OMS, Apollo, XS, etc?

I have a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins I'd like to put them on.

Any info is appreciated!

I think XS Scuba has the best price, and ScubaPro is the most expensive.

I have several buddies who dive the XS brand and seem happy with them. I've taken them apart to cut down the springs a few times and the quality seems fine. I like 'em also because they don't have any of those useless (IMO) pull straps attached.

I bought a pair last week for my drysuit fins. I went with the Salvo ones. nicely made, has a nice FLAT rubber surface that goes against your boot without digging in or squirming around. Price was fair. I have Manta's on my wetsuit fins and don't care for them as much, though they do work fine.

I cannot recommend the Halycon spring straps, they broke after hardly any use then they would not replace them. Look close and you can see tha the plastic broke where a pin was driven through during manufacture.

DSCF0037.jpg

Waywardson has some nice ones.

N

My only experience is with the OMS springs but I can say that the big rubber cover makes it easy to pull them on and you can kick them off no-handed at the end of a dive.

and you can kick them off no-handed at the end of a dive.

I wouldn't want any fin straps I could kick out of. But that's just me.

Yep, another vote for spring-straps.com I just got two pairs, one for my wet fins and one for my dry fins. About half of what you would pay for manta, xs scuba, etc. They won't fit your quattros without modification. I ended up putting the innovative scuba straps on my quattros and they worked well.

I think OMS is what I'm going to go with.

Thanks for the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom