Spring Straps for SP JetFins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stablgr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm loving my new jet fins but have been told to get a set of spring straps for them. Never having used spring straps I'm intrigued as to the pros and cons and any recommendations for a particular brand.

Spring Straps rock! Wayward Son custom makes them. I have 2 pairs from him and love em!

Tons of people are happy with Wayward Son's spring straps. I use the Innovative Scuba spring straps and much prefer them for the rear pull, and the flatter rubber to cushion the spring over my tendon. Below are two different companies, but I would swear they are the same product rebranded.
EZ Spring Grip-Tight Fin Strap, Black from LeisurePro.com
Innovative Scuba Spring Straps for Scuba Pro Jet Fins - Innovative Scuba Stainless Steel Fin Straps for Jet Fins -Scuba Pro Jet Fin Stainless Steel Spring Straps - Stainless Steel Jet Fin Straps

Here is how to measure for the spring straps
Innovative Scuba Stainless Steel Pro Spring Fin Straps

Fin straps make getting your fins on and off a breeze. One of those must haves, and now many fin manufacturers are realizing they should be at the least offering them as an add on like Scubapro does, or even a step up and putting them on the fins from the get go.

Looking at the attachment method it seems like there might be a risk of the clip pulling out of the hole where it attaches to the fin. The original straps have a pin that runs all the way through the attachment point whereas these seem to only have a short length of pin engaged at the top and bottom of the hole. It looks like this design would create more localised wear at the top and bottom of the hole. Is this an issue?

Here is how to measure for the spring straps
Innovative Scuba Stainless Steel Pro Spring Fin Straps

Just remember WHICH online site had enough forethought to actually put a sizing instruction on their site :wink:. Without proper measurement as described on our site, size is a real crap shoot.

As a side note, you would be surprised how many stores refer people to OUR site to measure for the correct size.

Phil Ellis

i was skeptical also and after I tried them I will never go back. I love them. Easy to get on and off. You can carry your fins easier to (if doing a shore dive). I did rescue diver with them and really glad I had them for that. I personally haven't had any problems with the pins popping out or getting loose.

Just remember WHICH online site had enough forethought to actually put a sizing instruction on their site :wink:. Without proper measurement as described on our site, size is a real crap shoot.

As a side note, you would be surprised how many stores refer people to OUR site to measure for the correct size.

Phil Ellis

Yes Sir and you are always around here to support your customers :wink: That is why you get to sell us product...and of course your great pricing!!

I use the same spring straps as Peter_C, and they are excellent.

The pins are NOT going to pull out. Non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom