Spring Straps for SP JetFins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought some of the Halycon spring straps. I used them on my Jets for three dives and noticed that one of the plastic (PLASTIC) clips was broken and it looks as if the spring is about to pull through. In all the years I have never broken the original rubber type straps but the spring straps broke after three dives. I called them and they did not offer to replace the broken strap. Oh well. Plastic is bad.

N

plastic is bad. Nemrod, if you want some stainless rods to fix yours with shoot me a PM with your mailing address & I'll send you a set.

Here are two pics of the broken and DEFECTIVE Halycon Spring Strap. See the plastic part that has two metal pins driven through it. It was clearly defective and was probably cracked when the pins that lock the spring in place were installed by the factory--not me. They don't seem interested in making good on the defective item. If they will not make good on simple and inexpensive items then how would Halycon be on something expensive--I don't think I will try and find out.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

So--I do not recommend the Halycon Spring Straps.

N

I'm loving my new jet fins but have been told to get a set of spring straps for them. Never having used spring straps I'm intrigued as to the pros and cons and any recommendations for a particular brand.

Get them, makes fins so much easier to ditch & don......especially if you're making dives on a Fling/Flower Gardens type conditions ie LOTS of current where you have to ditch the fins before fighting your way up a tag line to board the fantail.......

I make that part from delrin, which can break. so far I've never had an end break on any, but the stuff is not indestructible. I've seen ends made from solid stainless bar stock but that more than I'm willing to do. I can send you an end & a rod if you want to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom