Spring Strap sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a question about spring strap sizing.

I ordered a set of spring straps for my Twin Jet Max, and my wife's as well.

Mine were ordered size large, hers small. Hers were still too big (there is an actual gap between the strap and her foot...) so those are getting returned.

I have no idea if mine fit or not... here's why. The foot is secured tightly, but there is almost no tension on the spring. The next size down is an inch shorter, and would be considerably tighter.

My first thought was to take them to the pool and try them out in the water, but upon reading the return policy I have to pay a 25 percent restocking fee if they get wet (scuba.com).

I am returning hers, which simply don't come close to fitting, and am going to have them exchanged for the next size down... I am planning on keeping the one that fits better, and returning the one that doesn't for a refund or credit (depending on the time all this takes).

My question is, how tight are they supposed to fit? How much stretch should there be in the spring when it is properly fit? Like I say, right now, there is virtually none but the fin doesn't move around on my foot at all.

Sorry about the NOOBness of my question. I did a search and didn't find anything on this in the first page of results.

Back
Top Bottom