Spring Strap Measurement: HELP needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How to select your fin Spring Strap
Insert your Dive Boot into your fin pocket with a measuring tape, measure the distance from the Center of one pin, around your boot heel, to the Center of the pin on the other side of the fin. Select the spring strap size that is SHORTER than your measurement by 1/2" to 1 1/2".

I am planning on purchasing the EZ spring strap for an ApolloBioXT as well as a Scubapro TwinJet.

I need help with this instructions.

What do they mean by Center of one pin?

What is this pin... on the TwinJets there are silver pins, but not on the Apollo.

Also, my pal advised that the pin meant the rubber protrusion point where the female buckle is fixed on to the fin.

Goshhh........ plls advise! hahaa thanks!

Is this applicable even for the EZ straps?

Unlike the ones you make which mount directly on to the protruding posts, these EZ straps come with the male connector.

Any idea bout the TwinJets?

By the way, thanks for the reply!

The Twins, the likely mean from where the stainless pins go through the fins. Those pins hold the buckles on. I'm guessing, based on what you posted. That is the point I have you measure by, but in my case I cut the springs to fit based on the measurement. If you push the pin up from the bottom, then use pliers to grab the top they'll pull right out. They stay in the top of the buckle, so be careful to only pull them up enough to remove the buckle from the fin.

Put the end of the tape even with the pin, or pin hole if you have removed it. Measure around to the other side to the same point.

Anyone out there who actually uses the EZ straps to fit on to an ApolloBio?
Im pretty sure the buckle size for Tusa Xperts and the Apollos different, just had a mismatch comparing it with my pals.

Saw that Innovative doesnt cover Apollo as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom