Spring/N. Houston Gander Mountain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the real deal. I know the guy coming in in a couple of weeks to remove the air compressor and cascades.

Hmmm, that will probably upset the guy who was told the compressor was remaining and was offered free air fills for a year.

I guess I'll check it out Monday. Like I said, I heard this once last year and it turned out much ado about nothing so I was concerned their "business plan" was maybe planting rumors to get people into the store for occasional sales. I don't care all that much if they go as the only thing I bought there was occasional accessories but it's never good to lose options.

Hmmm, that will probably upset the guy who was told the compressor was remaining and was offered free air fills for a year.

I guess I'll check it out Monday. Like I said, I heard this once last year and it turned out much ado about nothing so I was concerned their "business plan" was maybe planting rumors to get people into the store for occasional sales. I don't care all that much if they go as the only thing I bought there was occasional accessories but it's never good to lose options.

I've been wrong before...:D

I wont use them for filling my bottles so I dont care one way or another. others might not agree though!!

I might run down there one day this week again and pick up another black AL80 for nitrox and will let youll know if anything has changed

brett

Another Update:

I stopped by today to pick up another blk tank, and the sale is over now. the scuba guy said they are going to do inventory this week and more than likely start the sale back up again soon. Ill post anything else if i hear it.

brett

How can a clearance or going out of business sale be over if the stuff is still there? Sounds like they are still playing games.

How can a clearance or going out of business sale be over if the stuff is still there? Sounds like they are still playing games.

who knows...they were selling out of the counters and taking an additional 10% the other day. I wont buy much from them other than tanks and small items like: knives, retractor clips, slates, and the like. I guess time will tell. either way im excited about getting another tank for $112:dork2:

brett

10% off. 30% off. Off what? None of that really means anything by itself. The tanks were nicely priced esp. relative to other LDS prices around here, but I got a couple tanks at ST last year for $119 each so it's not earth shattering.

But maybe they aren't playing games. They could just be disorganized and not really knowing what they want to do.

I just called gander to check on the sale and apparently its going on again. everything is 30% off!

I will be going tomorrow for an AL40 for a larger cap. pony bottle/future stage bottle.

brett

Does anyone know if they have any neutral alum. 80 tanks?

Does anyone know if they have any neutral alum. 80 tanks?

They never did on the times I have been in the store in the past, although they did have steel tanks. I might stop by tomorrow, if so I'll check for you.

Back
Top Bottom