Spring Heel Straps Mares Quattro's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninja

Reaction score
Finally built my spring heel straps for my mares Quattro's!!!:D

They were down right godly!! It's like having a whole new fin all over again talk about easy in and out!!! And no failure points..

Just dove em in the old welland canal couldn't be happier with the results water is 35degress F. did 45 min SWEET!!!!!:D

Here's a link if some one would like to build them..

http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/fins/sprstrps.htm

Hope this helps those who would like to try!!

NINJA

OK, I need to do the same thing, make straps for Quattros. However, I already have the springs, just need to make a means of attaching them.

My Quattros have this weird "super buckle" system which is a major failure point. It seems though, that once that thing is gone you're left with the standard "post" type attachment. How did you attach your springs to this?

The link you posted seems to only apply to Jetfins type attachments. Am I missing something?

Tom

HI Tom!

The best way that i've come up with attaching the springs to the quattro is with a stainless steel " S " link I just pressed them over the post and vice versa to the spring side !

Hope this helps ya

Len

Thanks Len,

That makes good sense. Where'd you get the stainless S-links?

I was envisioning having to make brackets out of aluminum bar stock, was looking like a lot of work......

Tom

My Home Depot has very little SS hardware, but there's plenty marine supply places in town. I'll be huntin' tomorrow :)

Thanks again Len.

Tom

Originally posted by Tavi
I don't remember where I first saw the pics for making spring straps for Quattros but I did save the links for materials. this was the one with the stainless springs and S-hooks. http://www.mcmaster.com/

hope this helps.

Thanks Tavi. Yea, McMaster-Carr is a well known hardware supplier. They have pretty much everything. I'm hoping to find some locally as all I need (I hope) are the hooks.

Tom

The S hooks I use are from Home Depot.

On the price tag;

.177x2 1/8 stainless
safe working load 55 lbs
Made in USA

UPC code is, 076105206432

On the receipt the description is, "Gate Hook."
These were $0.96 each.

Note, the stainless items are usually on the other side of the aisle from the plated stuff.

Thanks Pipe! I'll be hitting the Depot shortly as it's between me and the closest Marine supply. One or the other will have it.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom