Spring Break in Jacksonville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knucklebusted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So my diver daughter moved to Jacksonville for her job in January. My wife says we are going to Jax for spring break (she's a college instructor/tutor) to see her.

Is there any good diving in or around Jacksonville? I'll be there the Mar 7 - 14, 2015.

I'm a rental diver so I pretty much just travel with a mask, computer and maybe fins if we wind up driving.

Never dove with them, but another SB member pointed me in this direction when I thought I was going to be in Jacksonville for a few days a couple summers ago. South Georgia Dive Charters | Dive Southeast Georgia and Northeast Florida

BTW, ocean conditions can be bad in the winter, I'd be surprised if many charters in the Jacksonville area are running that time of year, but I could be wrong. Summer can be pretty nice up in Jacksonville though.

Well several years ago I dove with the Dive Shop in St Mary's GA right across the State Line. Great Capt, great crew but not much viz in 4 different spots we tried. Not their fault, they tried. I use to live in Melbourne within an hour+ of Jupiter. Still looks like Jupiter is the place to go, but now it is 4+ hrs.
We just bought a house in Orange Park (SW of Jax) and I have done some casual inquires but not much reassuring at this point. Fortunately, we still have the RV we have been traveling in for the last 5 years so Jupiter is an easy weekend trip. Good luck and if you get some good dives post some info! I am interested.

The trick in Jax is to have a boat or friends with one.The best diving starts at 20 miles and 90'.Not many charters head out that far often.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom