Spotted Eagle Ray!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
I've been trying to get a decent pic of a Spotted Eagle Ray all contract.....but Murphy had been hard at work :)

But I finally got one yesterday off of the North Wall of Grand Cayman!! :boings:

Peace,
Cathie

Murphy hit me on my spotted eagle ray encounter.

We were swimming along (group of 3) and along our right side the ray approached from behind and passes us. After getting ahead of us, it banks left and circles us and swims around us for about five minutes.

Of course, I just finished my last picture on the roll (pre-digital camera purchase) about two minutes before seeing the ray.

My new approach is that I will plan to exit the water with at least a couple shots left. I have seen so much cool stuff at the safety stop or at the very end of the dive, but never had the film left to snap any pictures.

Very nice, DB! I love the many patterns those spots and circles make. Makes me want to connect the dots! :D I still haven't gotten a really good shot of one of these guys.

very nice!

Sweeeeeeeeet! I'd still like to see one of those guys... how large was this guy?!?

WOW!!! I've seen them on TV and in IMAX movies but I imagine it is 1000000000 times better in person..

Thanks for sharing...

Safe Diving

Woo miesemer.....now that's close.

I know what you mean about drifiting....there are drift dives I don't even bring my camera on anymore....I just get so frustrated when I want to either stay in one place to grab another shot or two, or reposition to get the shot the way I want.

Peace,
Cathie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom