SPORTDIVER HOUSING: What camera could fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SIR VEYOR

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a Sealife Sportdiver 35mm film camera and housing. The battery door of the camera is broken, but the housing is stellar.What digital camera could I use in the housing instead? :confused:
The switch/lever for taking the photo is on the top right of the housing. It doesn't have to be the newest digital camera out there, and an older type might even be preferred. I've got a trip coming up, so sending the camera to be fixed would be too long, and may not really be worth it now, due to digital conviences.
Thanks,
Sir Veyor

I think that good housings outnumber good cameras significantly for all makes & models, vastly increasing with age. Generally, in the rare cases that one needs a replacement housing, they're so common that one can find one by paying for the postage as finding replacement cameras for them is virtually impossible to do economically, with a few exceptions - this not being one of them I don't think.

Ebay lists 11 Sealife film cameras not selling altho recently completed listing show some did sell for $25 & up including shipping costs. Some brought much more, but the buyers were really going for the strobes I think.

DC500 5mp digital cameras for less than $200 there, more recent models not so much more. Unless you have some reason for wanting to use film & wait to see results later, I'd go that way - or got with a cheaper brand of dive camera, many of which are offered there.

You can still use the housing for a dry box. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom