Sport Diver Magazine Article: 8 Wild Pacific Outposts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which dive magazine/publications rely upon good journalism/photography vs advertising revenue to sell nos of mags?

Are we really saying that you can spend cash to feature your area - regardless if it is any good or not?

If this is the case, then can we (as consumers) really trust/ought to buy any dive publications - if some biased????

IMO, I will not spend another peso on any dive magazine unless I know the articles are unbiased by advertising revenues.

I, like most, want pure unadulterated reports/photos from the Philippines and areas around here - not BS from paying contributors. Tell us the truth please.

This is a big issue for publishers - their credibility is on the line here.

Again, can people please name magazines that place advertising revenue over editorial content (in their opinion/knowledge).

Thanks

WWD

IMO, I will not spend another peso on any dive magazine unless I know the articles are unbiased by advertising revenues.

I, like most, want pure unadulterated reports/photos from the Philippines and areas around here - not BS from paying contributors.
WWD

That's exactly why sites like Scubaboard are so popular! I can't speak for all, but the publications I can get here suck. They stink of advertizing $$ influence in every article.

This situation is much too often the case in magazines of all sorts.:shakehead:

Long live the press... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom