Spool and SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Where do you store small spool and SMB when diving wet?

Where do you store small spool and SMB when diving dry?

What do you do if you don't have backplate pocket?

MonkSeal:
spool in harness pocket, SMB in backplate pocket.

MonkSeal:
Stuff it all in the harness pocket.

SMB and the spool on the back d-ring (crotch strap) if I don't have the backplate pocket (which I have:D)
Mania

MonkSeal:

Where do you store small spool and SMB when diving dry?

In both cases in the same place: spool in left pocket and SMB in backplate pocket.

(I use Xshorts when diving wet so I allways have pockets, no matter if I wear a 7mm wetsuit + 5 mm shorty, or a 3 mm wetsuit in tropical waters.)

Monkseal,
As I don't have a HID yet, I used a diverite foot pocket, cut it a little bit and attach it to my harness in the place where the HID would go. This works ok for both warm and cold without a HID. When I have a HID my drysuit pockets will get changed (mine are in the wrong place at the moment and are zipped - yuk!)

clip spool on the back or hip d-ring, this is not the ideal way to do it but it is how to get it done if you dont have pockets. The SMB can be "stuffed" behind you after putting the back plate on, it woun fall out and being cliped to the back dring will make it easy to pull out. I dont have a back plate pocket and I havent needed one for the last 5+ years that I have dove a BP. I just have two pices of bungee across the plate that hold the SMB in place when I get my gear on.

salty:
clip spool on the back or hip d-ring, this is not the ideal way to do it but it is how to get it done if you dont have pockets. The SMB can be "stuffed" behind you after putting the back plate on, it woun fall out and being cliped to the back dring will make it easy to pull out. I dont have a back plate pocket and I havent needed one for the last 5+ years that I have dove a BP. I just have two pices of bungee across the plate that hold the SMB in place when I get my gear on.
Can you post a pic of you backplate and those bungies? TIA

El Orans:
spool in harness pocket, SMB in backplate pocket.

Stuff it all in the harness pocket.

Well, it's hard to have harness pocket on the right side if you have canister light. And if you put it on the left side then it's on the oposite sides when you dive wet and dry (assuming that when you dive dry it's in the right tight pocket) which is not so consistent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom