Suggestion Splitting threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
*dave*

*dave*

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pub/309078-conspiracy-theories-pron.html

This thread was apparently split from another. I believe the original was in site support, but I'm not sure. I didn't start the thread and there's no indication it was split from another. It just looks like I started some random stream of consciousness thread.

Ideally, it would be good to know when a mod is splitting. Personally, I'd rather my post be deleted than to use it as a splitting point for a new thread that is about as relevant as toast. Most of the time my posts are modded, I get no notification. Whatever, I'm pretty easy going, but creating a thread in my name is a bit much, don't you agree?

Maybe MOD post at the beginning of the split off thread identifying it as having been split from X thread.

That would be helpful.

Normally, when I split a thread I post a message at the point of the split and add Split From XXX when starting the new one.

Dave, that seems like a great policy. Given the direction the thread was going, it made sense to split.. Although the continuation of the thread was as far off the original topic as the split....

I am not sure how well a mod first post would work . . . can they post, then move posts? seems it wouldn't work as they would have posted after the offending posts . . . Maybe Crazy Time Warp Lady can figure it out . . . .

or all the grammar and spelling :dramaqueen:'s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom