Split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pity.jpg

Supposedly you can swim faster with less effort. Can't vouch for that since I use those big paddle fins.

:popcorn:Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
I never had leg cramps with my Rockets, I guess the reason for Splits is so you can feel like your not wearing anything! That justifies their existance doesn't it?

I’m impressed. A split fin question that has gone unchallenged and unanswered for over an hour. When did restraint and self-control become a feature of SB?

That's easy,this is basicscuba.
NO FLAMING
NO TROLLING
A VERY NICE AND SAFE PLACE.:D

Just see the rules for this forum.
Basic Scuba Discussions Have a Scuba related question? Get a Scuba related answer here.
Please note: This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

And I love my V12's (no that's not an engine,but a pair of splitfins):rofl3:

I use Atomic Split fins and love them. (they are the clear/blue), and you can take them, but you'll have to pry them from my cold water logged fingers.

I have tried my wife's paddle fins then I tried some split fins. I moved through the water faster plus felt less wear on my legs so I bought a pair of split (SucubaPro TwinJet Max). Love them.

To be honest it is all a matter of personal preference kind of like the jacket vs back inflation. I usually ignore what anyone says and try it out for myself for only I can decide what fits me best. We are all individuals and what works for one will not work for others.

Nvm ...

Last edited:
I have a pair of split fins and a pair of Jet fins. I enjoy them both but must admit I wear my Jet fins more than my splits. You are going to have people who praise and curse both. Pick whats comfortable for you. Paddles usually take a little more leg strength, that is why some people cramp. If you are new to SCUBA and/or poor shape the split fins might be nice until you build up your legs.

Back
Top Bottom