Split Fins WHich ones?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelBaranows:
I looked at a new pair of Atomic "Smoke on the water" the other day and they are nice. But I would really like to have them in clear and the smoked inserts.

What color inserts did you see? Could you tell us how much they were where you saw them?

My vote: Apollo Pro-XT with springs... Love them... The sexy grey just makes me drool all the time. Also, as Compudude mentioned, they are a little stiffer, and since u mentioned that you're a good swimmer, it should work for ya..

And did i mention spring straps? I swear by them..

The wife and I like our Aeris Velocity Duo Splits, not too stiff or too floppy. They are also only $70 at LP.

I know a girl that is selling some brand new (tags still on it) gear.

(it was her boyfriends, he went to Iraq and she wants to ditch it cheap)

$145 (with Shipping)

Brand New:
Size 10 boots
Medium gloves
Aqua Lung V-tech slit fins (large) (open heal)
Snorkle
Nice mask
and an aqualung bag (wet bag)

Everything is brand new, and it is all aqua lung (or sea quest, which is the same thing).

Anyway, if you are interested let me know, I will hook you up with her. It is a damn good deal (I would buy it, but I have other stuff I need right now).

Let me know...

DoItRite:
I kicked the new scubapro's and they were AWFUL... they didn't feel like a split fin at all and I found they wore me out. I LOVE my atomics, they are the best I've had. However, I've heard good things about the apollo.
I've been diving the Atomic, however, just got in a pair of Apollo Bio Pros -- diving them next weekend. I'll let'cha know how they compare.

Has anyone here used both the black and the yellow bio fins?

I'd really like to know if there is a noticeable difference. I originally ordered the black with springs but they are out of stock. They are offering me the yellow fins instead.

I'm trying to figure out if I'll regret getting the yellow later (due to the hardness difference).

Thanks for any help.

fq1234:
Has anyone here used both the black and the yellow bio fins?

I'd really like to know if there is a noticeable difference. I originally ordered the black with springs but they are out of stock. They are offering me the yellow fins instead.

I'm trying to figure out if I'll regret getting the yellow later (due to the hardness difference).

Thanks for any help.
No, but I've used the grey XTs which are the hardest ones made. The black are the softest (read: floppiest, but easiest to kick). The yellow fall in between.

If I didn't want the extra-stiff grey ones, I would have gotten the yellow ones, which are great from a visibility standpoint.

I really like my grey XTs. I'm sure you would LOVE the yellow bio-fins.

Back
Top Bottom