Split fin or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I say Split -Fins and sneak in a Scooter they will never notice if you don't stick it out in front of you so far! :wink::eyebrow::popcorn:

it was all a joke dude, hints asking open or full, blue or yellow.....wanted some reaction from a guy like you to say what you did, thanks.......anyway who cares what you wear, im actuallu gonna wear my body boarding fins, my snorkel from my jeep, and my jason mask

As long as the colors don't clash, I say you are good to go.

Ok back on topic,

For the 800yard snorkle swim I would not use my splits.
I just don't think splits are good for snorkling.
And yes I do dive splits.:D

Let's just settle this once and for all!

Split Fins are far superior to Paddle Fins! It's not even close. All split fins are great and all paddle fins are pieces of crap! And....I have the scientific evidenceto back up what I'm saying and here it is.

#1. They say split fins are better than paddle fins.

#2. Study after study shows that split fins are better than paddle fins.

Of course someone will come on here and say, "Who is They?" Well.....you know....they is just they. It's that group of people who says things from time to time. We all know who they are. They say this and they say that. I mean just how much more do you need to know about they.

And then people will want to know what are the studies. They will want to know who did the studies, when, where, etc. But studies are just studies. They are done all the time on all kinds of things. We all refer to them now and then. Are the details really that important? Isn't it enough to know that the studies are done.

But what really drives home my conclusion is that THEY did some Studies and found that split fins are better.

So there you have it folks. And for once I provided all the scientific data, facts, and solid evidence that I know what I'm talking about.

BDSC

I'm sold!

Actually I did my test a month ago in my Atomic SPLITS!

So go have fun.

im doing my dm, tommorrow we are doing two of the stamina skills....one is the 800 yd mask, fin and snorkel swim.......trying to decide which of my fins might be better for that.........any suggestions....thanx

I would go with a yellow mask , may help to remind you not to pee in the pool,they knock off points for that!:D

Just remember to pace yourself. Your not allowed to pull your head out of water, so you don't want to hypervent with a snorkel. Just take it easy and count pool tiles. I know some of the guys in my class used splits and some used paddles, I would use what you are the most confortable in. One dork..I mean guy in our group desided to try a new mask on this swim and only did 2 laps because of mask issues. Stick with what feels good and have a nice long swim.

im doing my dm, tommorrow we are doing two of the stamina skills....one is the 800 yd mask, fin and snorkel swim.......trying to decide which of my fins might be better for that.........any suggestions....thanx

Yellow and blue splits float and suck for snorkeling.

Black splits are negative and would be a little better, although regular jets would be much better, and I don't even like them for SCUBA.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom