Spisni study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm confused. Did the oxygen window just make a comeback?

I have never liked the term... preferred to call it extended stop time.

But lets looks at the profile and see how it actually handled stress. Look at the dip in the middle, where supersaturation almost vanishes. The extended stop in the 21 and 18m area, clearly has done a lot to reduce stress. So much so, that the shortened ascent time in RDS shallow portions, has still arrived at the surface with lowered stress values.

Like it or not, that extra higher ppO2 exposure does work to accelerate off gassing, but it does come with a cost, as the Spisni study points out.

Last edited:
Opinion of what? I'm not interested in your made up straw man arguments.

Really....

We know each other too well for this.

I asked for a citation and you accused me of making a straw man argument. I'm actually very happy to hear that you know what a straw man argument is. I was afraid I was going to have to explain it to you.

My request stands. Please provide citations of corroborating scientific studies that support your opinion. Without that then all we have is "he who screams loudest wins".

R..

Opinion of what????

Supersaturation as a stress measure? It's intrinsic to all models, math and research, though diving history... Its the basis of many a study comparison for decompression model stress, and often written in the preamble of papers, and reference material.

You want me to justify that?

I have never liked the term... preferred to call it extended stop time.

But lets looks at the profile and see how it actually handled stress. Look at the dip in the middle, where supersaturation almost vanishes. The extended stop in the 21 and 18m area, clearly has done a lot to reduce stress. So much so, that the shortened ascent time in RDS shallow portions, has still arrived at the surface with lowered stress values.

Like it or not, that extra higher ppO2 exposure does work to accelerate off gassing, but it does come with a cost, as the Spinsi study points out.

You realize that "accelerate off gassing" is litterally the opposite of "low stress", right?

Please provide citations of corroborating scientific studies that support your opinion.

The intro to Nedu TR11-6, is just one example....

intro_neduTR11-06.png

You realize that "accelerate off gassing" is litterally the opposite of "low stress", right?

That's not correct.

Stress is measured from supersaturation. While fast off gassing is a function of tissue gradient... Fast off gassing will relieve supersaturation stress.

You do this each time you swap to a new (higher) deco gas.

The intro to Nedu TR11-6, is just one example....

View attachment 463167

I was requesting corroborating evidence of your opinion that deep stops are good. This appears to be corroborating evidence that bubbles cause DCS.

That's progress, I guess, given some of the posts you've made in the past.

Please provide corroborating evidence of the specific claims you make in the first post of this thread.

R..

Last edited:
@rossh,

Ross, if you're going to cite a study while attempting to speak with authority on the subject it would be beneficial to your credibility to not repeatedly mispell the name of the author.

I was requesting corroborating evidence of your opinion that deep stops are good. This appears to be corroborating evidence that bubbles cause DCS.

That's progress, I guess, given some of the posts you've made in the past.

Please provide corroborating evidence of the specific claims you make in the first post of this thread.

R..

Finally, you put forward a specific request, based on a straw man argument and an assumption that is not present in this thread... all for something unrelated to the topic of conversation.

I think we can now skip on your request.

I am not here to make nice formal science presentations.... not my job.

I'm here to discover and show cause and effect issues, within the existing science... using existing standard industry measures and tools. If you need to see the justifications for the industry standard tools and measures, then do your own home work... I am not doing it for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom