Spirit Air Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
And Spirit Air drops the other shoe...After announcing in January that it would begin charging travelers $10 to check a second piece of luggage, the airline says it will begin charging $10 for every piece of checked luggage beginning on June 20. Passengers will also be charged for beverages.

Sorry, Spirit. While I like your inexpensive "business" class, and have had good flights, there are just too many reasons not to fly you, from these "extra" fees to the fact you don't interline. Bye bye, Spirit.

The market has a way of sorting out this type of highway (airway) robbery. If they keep this up they will be out of business shortly.

with their limited availability of us cities that they flying out of they are not that great of a deal if you dont live there.:light: they are hopefully not going to set a trend with other airlines with the charging for baggage or they will get a surprize when everyone has 100lb carry-ons and there overhead bins fall off!:shakehead

I stopped flying Spirit shortly after they moved from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3 at O'Hare. The prices began to rise and the number of daily flights to Ft. Lauderdale was cut in half.

I do better on Ted.

Unfortunately, based on what the carriers in Europe, even biggies like BA, are getting away with charging and limiting with regard to luggage, I expect this is the wave of the future.

If the airlines had their way, we'd have no carry-ons and no luggage that we didn't pay additional for by the pound. And if the TSA were in charge we'd also be nekkid :wink:

BurBunny:
And if the TSA were in charge we'd also be nekkid :wink:

Man, would I mess up some people's lunches. gotta get in shape

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom