SPG Boot??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a spg in a double boot that I want to convert to a single. Does the spg come out attached to the hose, the connection in covered up by the boot. I don't have a single to put it in and don't plan on needing it in a double. Thought about just cutting it down to a single.
Any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Attachments

• SPG.jpg
    SPG.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 226
Take the SPG out of the boot and disconnect from hose, then pull hose out of boot. Reconnect the SPG and hose. You might want to check the oring and apply silcone grease if needed.

That's what I figured, just didn't want to break something experimenting.

Thanks

+1 on Akimbo's comment. You won't want to dive that one "naked" as its all plastic...

I am going to ditto what everyone else has said and add one more suggestion. Soak the SPG and boot in hot water before removing it. The hot water will soft the boot and make removal easier. Same when you install the single boot.

If it worries you, then get a stainless steel spg from HOG or other. I've never crushed the plastic ones and I use them on my side mount. They sit pretty exposed out in front.

Cut to the chase... Take that (what you show in the picture) to the band saw and cut off the excess gauge pocket... Give it a little buff on the grinder and you are good to go. Be sure to sacrifice the wall on the outer pocket to insure you have a wall all around your SPG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom