SPG Boot??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

,,. Soak the SPG and boot in hot water before removing it...

Good tip. Adding a little liquid soap to the warm water for lubricant also does wonders.

…I've never crushed the plastic ones and I use them on my side mount. They sit pretty exposed out in front.

I agree that metal SPGs usually don’t need a boot, but a lot of the plastic ones probably do. It is less an issue once you are in the water, but getting in and out plus ending up in the bottom of the pile aboard an inflatable is another matter.

Cut to the chase... Take that (what you show in the picture) to the band saw and cut off the excess gauge pocket... Give it a little buff on the grinder and you are good to go. Be sure to sacrifice the wall on the outer pocket to insure you have a wall all around your SPG.

I think there is a hole between the two pockets. Also the wall between the two pockets is thinner. So while cutting the boot down would work, it is not really a clean cut solution. :).

I would suggest to buy a depth meter and install it in the vacant hole, just to carry an alternate depth meter in case your PDC goes wrong during a dive.

I think I'll just stick the Aladin Tech puck back in it and carry that setup as a backup device. I took the Aladin Tech out and was using it on wrist as a backup computer for my hose mounted one. I have since switch to a Scuba Pro Luna with hoseless ai. Does just attaching the spg and puck as a backup sound like a good way to go or is not needed. I could just attach it to my bc out of the way, unless needed.

Right now I have the transmitter, air2 & reg hooked up. Didn't know if I should add the spg & aladin, I have one port left that I could put it on.

Thanks

I think I'll just stick the Aladin Tech puck back in it and carry that setup as a backup device. I took the Aladin Tech out and was using it on wrist as a backup computer for my hose mounted one. I have since switch to a Scuba Pro Luna with hoseless ai. Does just attaching the spg and puck as a backup sound like a good way to go or is not needed. I could just attach it to my bc out of the way, unless needed.

Right now I have the transmitter, air2 & reg hooked up. Didn't know if I should add the spg & aladin, I have one port left that I could put it on.

Thanks

Assuming recreational divining, personally I'd ditch the console. At recreational depths if you lose tank pressure then you just end the dive, no biggie. Keep it in your bag should you need it if Luna goes down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom