Spending money in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver:
Be advised that if you do need to use the ATM, there may be a large surcharge ($10 or so if I recall correctly)

Wow, that's one hell of a surcharge. I guess they figure they've got a captive audience. Can anyone verify that surcharge rate?

Thanks,
-Greg

glbirch:
When I was down there last month, I pulled out my CC to pay for some diving and was told that there would be a 10% surcharge if I wanted to charge the dives. Not sure what was up with that. Anyone know?
Ya, They have to pay a fee to the credit card company and they want to pass that on to you, the consumer. Everyone pays the fee. Here, so much business is being conducted on a daily basis the vendors don't care about the fee. I tried that once and the lady told me that the credit card wasn't going through. Then she told me that the credit card wasn't any good. B.S. I thought. After getting the plate nmchine and running it through myself, well, she wasn't too happy. :crafty: Good Viz, George

50 a day on tipping DMs, maybe about 100-200 a day on meals, you really wont have time to do much else if you're doing 4 tanks a day like I was! Use pesos, not dollars since most places consider 1 usd = 10 pesos, and right now pesos are at about 11.5/usd. have a great trip!

Soooo...is anyone going to Coz on May 8th ? I'll be @ the Barracuda, nice & close to town. Good Viz, George

Scuba-Rican:
Soooo...is anyone going to Coz on May 8th ? I'll be @ the Barracuda, nice & close to town. Good Viz, George

Yes, there's a bunch of us; I'm compiling a list to try to get together, but most of us are getting there a bit later than you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom