Specific Question for PH Trip Planning SB/PH experts??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pony

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've previously posted here with questions for our first trip to PH Islands with wonderful suggestiions. I've finally have a grasp on an Intinerary but need couple more answers to following questions;

First, Is there anyway to travel from PG to Cebu/Bohol without returing to Manila, e.g. Fast Ferry from another close sea port?

Why do many of the resort not offer Dive Safaris during the month of January; Weather....high season rush? what?

Does anyone know a specific dive operator (or combination) that will take 6 persons on custom Safari with the following areas; Moalboal (side trip to orchid farm and falls), Apo Island, Siquijor, Alona (side trip lobac rivier/chocolat hills) back to Mactan for flight or with some of us heading up to Malupascua for a couple more days. (Still waiting to hear back from Seaquest Divers)

Optimally, would like to spend 3 nights PG, 2 nights Moalboal, 2 nt APO, 2 Siq, 3 nights alona or ???

Thanks for any help

It sounds like PG would be a VERY good choice for some dives but the logistics of getting there and then on to Cebu OR visa/versa would be a big hassel for a group of 6.

I recommend a PG - DUMA combo instead. Your plans are ambitious for January and the weird weather that time of year. As far as logistics go ...you can set up you trip with Atlantis and they will manage your group for you. Matt Reed (here on SB) can square you away. WELCOME TO PARADISE!

Pony, I'm no PH expert, but that itinerary is crazy overloaded!!!! i think you are thrying to see it all in just one quick trip!!!:14: I honnestly can't blame you for that; I know what it's like trying to get as much in as possible... But with that schedule, you'll be barely dipping your toes at each site! Not to mention running to get to each destination and spending a lot of time in transit. if it was up to me, I'd follow BabyDs advice and cut down the number of places (but that's entirely up to you!!:coffee:).

Also, I know of no one operator that can take care of all those logistics. But others may have info on that.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do in the end!:coffee:

Pony;
I agree with Codman. You're trying to get too much in for 1 trip. If you are talking about 4-5 weeks, then it can be done. I don't belive there is a single opperator that could handle all you want. Puerto Galera to Cebu/ Bohol? return to Manila and fly down to either place. The fast ferry from Cebu to Bohol is about 90 min. because they are so close, PG to Cebu/Bohol it would take about 1 day, and I don't know if there is a fast boat.
Start off in Cebu/Bohol you can off-gas with the side trips you mentioned, then fly to Manila and go to Puerto Galera. If you start in Puerto Glaera, you can return to Manila and off-gas with a day-trip to Corregidore, Corregidor .
Don't try to put to much into one trip, I go about every 3 years, 2002, 2005, 2008. take your time, the Philippines are a bit laid-back. You won't enjoy if you are rushing.

OK..OK.. I surrender;

However, in my defence, we were looking to do the dive safari type travel from the Moalboal to apo to Siq, etc, thus diving along the way without flight issues. If we can do either;

1. Fly to Cebu, Transfer to Moalboal then do the safari routes as outlined on Seaquest divers site (Apo, Siq, Alona)

OR

2. Fly to Manila to PG 4-5 days then Duma 4-5 days. (As suggested by BabyD)

What would be your Choice, taking into consideration day trips for everyone e.g. Falls, orchids, lobac river cruise ...these types of things? (AS WELL AS Quality of diving)

Thanks again guys

if you want to do a safari in the cebu-bohol area, bubuy mancao of liquid assets may be able to customize a trip for you. he has a big outrigger boat in mactan that he uses for safaris to cabilao/balicasag in bohol. i think he uses the boat for travel and diving but will drop you off at a resort in every island at the end of every dive day. try calling him at +6332-2546359 or +6332-3438744.

Your plan is a bit overloaded, but not that unrealistic. Get in contact with Sea-Explorers in Dumaguete, it is a CDC and very professional, they offer Island hopping in the Visayas with six dive-shops/resorts including Siquijor, Bohol, Malapasqua, Moalboal. Dive trips to Apo are done on a daily base.
With six persons they have no problem to organise a custom Trip for you.

I recommend 3-4 destinations in the Visayas in 2 weeks...

cheers

Rhoody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom