Spearfishing in New England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check out this site
spearboard.com

vin

armyscuba:
How about the New England Aquarium Dives...do You think they would bum out if You showed up for one of their Dives with a Speargun. Or maybe just go to the Aquarium with a Speargun..That would be fun..but in all honesty..thanks for the info gang. I'm looking forward to Diving New England this summer. Damn, 18 months in the Caribbean, 81 to 86 degree water..I'm going to need a therapist. Take care everyone..

My LDS is really big on spearfishing and lobstering. Spearfishing for Tautaug for the most part. Feel free to contact me through this board (heck, or just go to http://www.jacksdive.com/ yerself. We're in Plainville, CT -- dunno how far that is from where you'll be.

Cranked it up today..Snook came in the Bay. We took the boat out and hit the water for four dives. Dropped in on a school of Tarpon, saw some Monsters..left them alone.."Nice Fishy" I won't spear You if You promise not to drag Me to Florida. Hit the Snook pretty well in the Coral. Got a nice 40lb Grouper, and some Spades. 5 Divers with Dual guns,,and doubles drew a little blood with 4 hours in the water. LOL..Bull Sharks showed up for their cut of the Action and We lost a Stringer to them. Small Sharks..7 ft or so..I didn't measure :wink: heading back saturday. Hope for the same luck.

armyscuba:
Cranked it up today..Snook came in the Bay. We took the boat out and hit the water for four dives. Dropped in on a school of Tarpon, saw some Monsters..left them alone.."Nice Fishy" I won't spear You if You promise not to drag Me to Florida. Hit the Snook pretty well in the Coral. Got a nice 40lb Grouper, and some Spades. 5 Divers with Dual guns,,and doubles drew a little blood with 4 hours in the water. LOL..Bull Sharks showed up for their cut of the Action and We lost a Stringer to them. Small Sharks..7 ft or so..I didn't measure :wink: heading back saturday. Hope for the same luck.

What does it mean to "lose a stringer" to them? They took it from you? Or you just let it go as an offering?

Interesting thread, my first experience with snorkeling warm water was at Gitmo in 1978. Actually some very nice reefs there. I'm afraid you're in for a little shock on many levels when you move.

Back
Top Bottom