Spear Injury - proper first aid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it was my spear you better not hurt it or your going to buy me a new one, and if I shot him in the ass, he got in the way, or he was mouthing me on the boat about Deep Air Bounce diving.

IJS JAX

Reactions: Jax
Thanks, Mitch. I wondered about that, and figured that would be some tough stainless. I know a similar discussion ensued when a guy got shot with an arrow, and basically, they said cut it down to 8" so a bump wouldn't kill the guy. That pic had the guy shot in the eye.

I imagine whatever you do, you won't have it on the boat. That would be an interesting Mayday -- anyone got bolt cutters?
Of course, and cable cutters, angle and straight air die grinders with cutoff wheels, electric die and angle grinders with cutoff wheels, air arc gouger, plasma torch, broco torch, and if none of those work we'll just mean it out of him.

I don't think bolt cutters would work, mine are made out of spring steel and they are tough as all hell.

Would probably need the fire dept. to chop it with a power cutter/grinder.

Having cut a few spear shafts down for various projects I do not think a set of bolt cutters is going to do anything to that you will need power tools.

If it was my spear you better not hurt it or your going to buy me a new one, and if I shot him in the ass, he got in the way, or he was mouthing me on the boat about Deep Air Bounce diving.

IJS JAX

I know, right?
A new spear is about $65. ;-)

Of course, and cable cutters, angle and straight air die grinders with cutoff wheels, electric die and angle grinders with cutoff wheels, air arc gouger, plasma torch, broco torch, and if none of those work we'll just mean it out of him.

So, if you are going to be hit by a spear, do so while on the Spree . . . . :snicker:

I once bought a spear gun from a guy who'd accidentally shot himself in the head with it.

Reactions: Jax
I told him not to use those heat seeking spearheads . ;-)

Sent from an undisclosed location using Tapatalk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom