spear guns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if your worried about whats just out of visual range when your shooting, its the same principal as shooting rifles and other weapons, you want to avoid shooting into unknown targe areas, i dare say you dont want to break your spear on rocks or coral formations, if you can only see 10 to 15 feet on a good day.. then why do you want something thats powerful enough to travel more than 20 or 30 feet underwater, if it hits something hard, will it not bend, buckle or worse bounce back... i have been snorkling for a few years, and ive always found than an Hawaiian Sling always works good for close range... and seeing as though you cant see anything past 10-15 feet, chances are your going to get close enough to use such a spear. they are easy to make and last a long time... you dont need to spend $100+ on material for them, and you dont need to worry about it firing off accidently or while loading it... if you havent heard of the sling, its just sergical rubber and a carbon or fibre glass shaft... or you can go and buy one...the biller slings are the best to buy, good sturdy and long lasting.. but just as good is a home made one...

That's the beauty of it, I don't have any kids!! If I did, I would have to buy a bigger table.

ive got a seac sub asso 30... its a 30cm gass powered gun... its awesome you can adjust its power levels... pump up or let out... just better to start on something less deadly to yourself or others in the water mate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom